PDA

View Full Version : Lots of homework

SmileySui
July 28th, 2016, 09:28 AM
I have a lot of homework to do... How do you guys deal with it?

Phosphene
July 28th, 2016, 10:27 AM
What type of homework do you have?

When I have a lot I do the assignments that take the shortest amount of time first to get them out of the way. I focus on the harder, more time-consuming assignments last.

Sublime Demonz
July 28th, 2016, 11:20 AM
I do the same as above, and if the harder assignments really give me trouble, I make sure I find time to get extra help. If you have study halls, I would suggest getting as much done then as you can (also another good time to get help), so that way you don't have as much to do when you get home.

Just JT
July 28th, 2016, 11:28 AM
I do the same thing, it makes your time more productive, and then you can really focus on the bigger harder stuff. What I've done sometimes, especially when I'm tired, I'll just go to sleep and wake up early in the am, well I do anyways, and do it then. That wa I'm all rested awake and a fresh head. Not all tired and bogged down from the day. Think I retain more of what I read in the morning that at night

Phosphene
July 28th, 2016, 11:38 AM
What I've done sometimes, especially when I'm tired, I'll just go to sleep and wake up early in the am, well I do anyways, and do it then. That wa I'm all rested awake and a fresh head. Not all tired and bogged down from the day.

I do this too sometimes

Eric Rom
August 22nd, 2016, 07:12 AM
What homework are you talking about?
Math is fine.
I always start off with the harder ones. It takes time but once I'm through, it feels easy to finish the easy ones.
I mostly panic when writing assignments. Like the other day, we were asked to write essays on global warming (http://www.123helpme.com/search.asp?text=Global+Warming). It's a highly debated topic so I had to find something good to write.

Flapjack
August 22nd, 2016, 07:29 AM
I try to do it in sections with breaks in-between :)

Dalcourt
August 22nd, 2016, 07:38 AM
Depends on the homework.

The things that can be done quick I do right ahead. For longer homework I break it up in serveral smaller tasks and do it one by one with breaks in between. I have trouble concentrating for longer periods of time so I have to do several shorter intervals.

Porpoise101
August 22nd, 2016, 09:15 PM
I hate writing assignments. They are so painful when I have zero interest in them. But to deal with these types of things, I always outline, draft, and revise. It is the most efficient way to get the job done, and done right.

Drewboyy
August 22nd, 2016, 11:37 PM
I hate writing assignments. They are so painful when I have zero interest in them. But to deal with these types of things, I always outline, draft, and revise. It is the most efficient way to get the job done, and done right.

When I have writing assignments I jump right into the final product but mentally map out how I'm going to organize it. I much more prefer Maths/sciences where there is a concrete answer.

My work style is doing everything in one go. Otherwise I'll get even more distracted than I do. I'm completely fine with starting homework @10 pm and working straight through the night. If my homework is easy then I'd do it at school or on the bus ride home.

Canadian Dream
August 24th, 2016, 12:01 PM
I find when I have a lot of stuff to do after school that the most important thing is to take breaks in between assignments, because there's no way my concentration will last more than 20-30 minutes at a time. It only has to be 2 or 3 minutes of checking social media or something like that to give your brain a little break. That way you get things done a lot faster and waste less energy. Also focus first on the homework that has the most value (if it's due the next day for example) just in case you don't get it done in time.

Sloth
September 17th, 2016, 10:59 PM
For HW, I usually do the hardest ones first. Anything that has multiple days for completion gets done last unless its a project.

erik2000
October 10th, 2016, 05:02 PM
I just try to finish it before starting anything else, like using my laptop. Sometimes I take a little break though. And I always start with my favorite subjects.

everlong
October 10th, 2016, 06:28 PM
I cry

SeansLittleBro
October 13th, 2016, 07:51 PM
If I have assignments due at about the same time I usually do the one that i'm most comfortable with then move on Also, like some have said if i'm stressed with something at night i wake up early to get a fresh start

eric2001
October 14th, 2016, 09:45 PM
Do some at school if I can, some when get I home and the rest after dinner. Sometimes me and a friend in two of my classes share with each other.

Muddy Sneakers
November 17th, 2016, 09:41 PM
I try to get some of it done while in school. but if not then i do some before dinner and take a long break. i always end up staying up too late to finish it though. it's inevitable.