PDA

View Full Version : i want to be a pro rapper

jesusgavemewings
July 28th, 2016, 03:16 AM
hi i want to be a pro rapper. ever since i was litle i liked making the best beats and i want advise on how to be a profesional rapper. i want to start young. i can make the beats and the rymes but i dont know how to put it together. plz help a man out

BlackParadePixie
July 28th, 2016, 04:23 AM
you mean a rapper?

Mars
July 28th, 2016, 04:33 AM
do you take any type of music class in school? That way getting to know the timing and writing of music will help a lot with learning how to make beats

jesusgavemewings
July 28th, 2016, 04:47 AM
do you take any type of music class in school? That way getting to know the timing and writing of music will help a lot with learning how to make beats

no they only teach u how to play piano in school and piano cant go into rap songs. the only thing i could do is write the lyrics that go with the beat and maybe rap to that? i dont know anymore raping is hard and i almost want to give up

Mars
July 28th, 2016, 04:56 AM
It's rapping :lol: raping is a completely different thing bruh

N believe me, it is hard to write and to make beats, but that's also what makes it so satisfactory and fun when ur done with it.

Piano will actually help :) anything musical that comes with sheets is a great help actually. When you learn piano and learn to read music, you get to learn the timing of the keys (for example, 4/4, 3/4 etc.) as well as counts (for example 4, 8, 16, etc.) which will greatly help beat production. There's so many aspects that you can apply from music theory to beats n shit.

This, however, does take time to learn and it does take supplies (drum machines, synthesizers, keyboards, turn tables, interface, shit ton of different computer programs to choose from. N that's just a short list of what's used by producers.

On your free time, what you can do is go on YouTube or Soundcloud and look up "instrumental rap beat" and find something you like. Then either freestyle or write something to it. That's usually what I do (though my dad does own equipment to make beats).

Or you could also study other rappers that are professional and their lyrics and flow to get some inspiration.

Hope this helps :)

lyhom
July 28th, 2016, 10:52 AM
"i want to be a pro raper"

NARxgXEdlzs

in all seriousness I'd go for mars' advice, learn some form of instrument as that will help in making beats, and try to practice rapping as much as you can

Flapjack
July 30th, 2016, 06:31 PM
I have no experience with rapping however I have heard that you don't need much to start. Don't go buying expensive PCs, software and mics. A decent mic and a decent PC is all you need:) That is what I have heard at least:) You can get free software to edit music:)