PDA

View Full Version : Hydration or Diabetes?

ProudThread598
July 27th, 2016, 01:24 PM
Hey all of you humans (and giraffes!)
Yesterday, we went to the pavilion to look at plants and flowers and other pretty things that smell good:D We also went to a restaurant, and I had like 3 whole glasses of water before our meal, but the glasses were practically full of ice so there wasn't much water. We went to the pavilion right after, and when we got there, we started walking around. About and hour or hour and a half later, I said I was parched. My mom started worrying and saying that drinking a lot of water is a sign of Type 1 diabetes. Once we got home, I started doing a little research. Today, she just sent me an article on warning signs of diabetes. I only have 1 or 2, depending on how I'm feeling.

My only symptoms are being frequently thirsty, but that's kind of rare, and drowsiness (when I'm tired, and you know, Summer sleep habits?;)
Is this diabetes? She's an ICU nurse, so she saw a lot of bad things. She talks about people dying from falling off cliffs and crashing ATVs and stuff like that.
(Sorry carried that on a little too long:D)
Thanks.

EDIT: Please respond quickly. I don't personally think I have diabetes, but I'm just worried and a few tips would help a lot

Mars
July 27th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Doesn't really sound like it... Due to the summer you're probably dehydrated more often and yeah, fucked up sleeping habits. Just in case you're really worried though, you should go to a doctor

PlasmaHam
July 27th, 2016, 04:25 PM
I know a few people with type-1 diabetes. I don't think you have it.

You probably were just dehydrated or maybe a little stomach bug. I wouldn't be too worried.

jamie_n5
July 27th, 2016, 08:46 PM
Doesn't sound like it I would think since your mom is a nurse that she would get you checked if she thought you needed to be.

Uniquemind
July 27th, 2016, 10:57 PM
Does it run in your family? Are you generally unhealthy in terms of being physically fit, and having a high fat, salt, and sugar?

Leprous
July 29th, 2016, 07:43 AM
I've actually had the same issue and even got tested for diabetes but nothing came from that test. For me it just went over eventually so yeah, just keep some water with you all time and if you really are worried go see a docter about it.

Just JT
July 29th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Symptoms are just that. So many people have "X" symptom to "Y" disease or disorder. So does it mean if you sneeze you gave a clod of the flue? No, it doesn't.

Outside, summer, hot, thirsty, drinking more water att go together more that 1 simply "symptom" of a disease. If you had several symptoms, then that's different, but still, depending on what symptoms, and severity.

So I would t worry about it to much, I'd go outside more, run, get all hot and sweaty and drink more fluids lol!!

nebula
July 29th, 2016, 10:56 AM
If you're dehydrated you tend to be a little more sleepy and headachy so that might be the issue plus the messed up summer sleeping pattern.

With it being summer anyway, it's most likely mild dehydration. She is overthinking it probably, but if you are concerned visit a doctor.

everlong
July 29th, 2016, 05:42 PM
I'm not even close to being a doctor, but I'm going to agree with what everyone else said. Thirstiness could be from the summer heat, and drowsiness could be a sign of anything.