PDA

View Full Version : Marilyn Manson's current performances

Faith Collapsing
July 25th, 2016, 02:34 PM
Cripes, he doesn't look too good. Recently, he's been flat-out drunk and/or high on stage, and I'm getting kinda worried. It's kinda sadly obvious though, seeing as he's quite past his prime. Would like to know @TheSpecialOne 's opinion or any other Manson fans.

everlong
July 25th, 2016, 03:56 PM
I saw him live recently. I thought he seemed drunk on stage but I couldn't be sure. I absolutely loved the performance anyway, so whatever.

devotionnel
July 25th, 2016, 05:54 PM
The Special One

Faith Collapsing
July 25th, 2016, 06:15 PM
I saw him live recently. I thought he seemed drunk on stage but I couldn't be sure. I absolutely loved the performance anyway, so whatever.

I was talking more about the performance in Hershey, PA, there's a video here.
http://www.metalsucks.net/2016/07/25/video-marilyn-mansons-hershey-pa-show-worse-thought/

everlong
July 25th, 2016, 06:28 PM
I was talking more about the performance in Hershey, PA, there's a video here.
http://www.metalsucks.net/2016/07/25/video-marilyn-mansons-hershey-pa-show-worse-thought/

Damn, he does indeed look and sound drunk. He's definitely not what he was back when he first started.

Periphery
July 25th, 2016, 07:01 PM
Living Faith Collapsing

Compared to 2012 he was improving allot again but yeah he's drunk. Probably because he's touring with Slipknot since you know, Slipknot. Like, he will never get back to his glory days of 1999-2003 (I feel like during the AS era he didn't give a shit about how his voice sounded and his concerts in general, I'm still a big fan of the GAOTG era so yeah).

After that the quality of his shows just went downwards untill it hit a low in 2012. I do feel like he does put up some good shows.

For example:

xTFdYX1PQk8

Just check it if you have time, a highlight would be the Cruci-fiction In Space performance which was surprisingly great. (No timestamps but setlist in description so just look around I definity suggest you check it out, and the other songs aswell of course)

I also think people bash on him too much. He did put himself trough hell in the 90's during shows. I am a huge Manson fan and think AS is a masterpiece but I don't like his live performances from that era. He's in his 40's and still going. His new album has been announced, named 'Say10' (10th album and it's a pun on 'Satan' incase you didn't know). The Pale Emperor was a great comeback in my opinion. He obviously won't do the stuff he used to do, I'll admit it, he got fat. He's no longer than walking stick figure giant with a thong and high heels.

e3lfLlYhoww

He also once threw a mic stand at Ginger's head which literally broke his skull.

If he got sober I feel like he might actually be good live. I have checked out the setlists from this tour so far and even though Coma White is left out This Is The New Shit is being played again which I think is amazing. Of course the concerts are short because he tours with Slipknot AND Of Mice & Men so yeah he can't play for 80-90 minutes.

What I think should happen though is getting John5 and Ginger back. Like Rob Zombie's good but they should come back. I feel like especially John can give the band a boost again. That doesn't mean he shouldn't get sober though. Especially after watching the video. Holy crap.

Faith Collapsing
July 25th, 2016, 10:46 PM
Living Faith Collapsing

Compared to 2012 he was improving allot again but yeah he's drunk. Probably because he's touring with Slipknot since you know, Slipknot. Like, he will never get back to his glory days of 1999-2003 (I feel like during the AS era he didn't give a shit about how his voice sounded and his concerts in general, I'm still a big fan of the GAOTG era so yeah).

After that the quality of his shows just went downwards untill it hit a low in 2012. I do feel like he does put up some good shows.

For example:

xTFdYX1PQk8

Just check it if you have time, a highlight would be the Cruci-fiction In Space performance which was surprisingly great. (No timestamps but setlist in description so just look around I definity suggest you check it out, and the other songs aswell of course)

I also think people bash on him too much. He did put himself trough hell in the 90's during shows. I am a huge Manson fan and think AS is a masterpiece but I don't like his live performances from that era. He's in his 40's and still going. His new album has been announced, named 'Say10' (10th album and it's a pun on 'Satan' incase you didn't know). The Pale Emperor was a great comeback in my opinion. He obviously won't do the stuff he used to do, I'll admit it, he got fat. He's no longer than walking stick figure giant with a thong and high heels.

e3lfLlYhoww

He also once threw a mic stand at Ginger's head which literally broke his skull.

If he got sober I feel like he might actually be good live. I have checked out the setlists from this tour so far and even though Coma White is left out This Is The New Shit is being played again which I think is amazing. Of course the concerts are short because he tours with Slipknot AND Of Mice & Men so yeah he can't play for 80-90 minutes.

What I think should happen though is getting John5 and Ginger back. Like Rob Zombie's good but they should come back. I feel like especially John can give the band a boost again. That doesn't mean he shouldn't get sober though. Especially after watching the video. Holy crap.

Very good and in depth assessment, Bram. When it comes to things like this, It's usually Metallica whom I'm an expert on.

Periphery
July 25th, 2016, 10:48 PM
Very good and in depth assessment, Bram. When it comes to things like this, It's usually Metallica whom I'm an expert on. Also, kudos for the live vids; I'm trying to get hold of a DVD copy of Dead to the World or God, Guns, and Government.

Guns, God and Governemt is an amazing concert. Probably my all time favourite even though the audio isn't synched with the video but oh well. Also The Last Tour On Earth live album is really great too! I generally find Metallica overrated to be honest.

Faith Collapsing
July 25th, 2016, 10:57 PM
Guns, God and Governemt is an amazing concert. Probably my all time favourite even though the audio isn't synched with the video but oh well. Also The Last Tour On Earth live album is really great too! I generally find Metallica overrated to be honest.

I completely understand and anticipated your option on Metallica, it's just that they're the band that got me into metal. I have a lot of emotions and memories linked to them, and I feel no shame in saying that they're my favorite metal band of all time.

Periphery
July 25th, 2016, 10:59 PM
I completely understand and anticipated your option on Metallica, it's just that they're the band that got me into metal. I have a lot of emotions and memories linked to them, and I feel no shame in saying that they're my favorite metal band of all time.

Well for me that would be Rammstein, I also had the pleasure of seeing them live recently which was....just wow. Just....damn. I'm not ashamed to say I like them more than Manson, which is why their cross is in my sig and why Manson isn't. Also understanding German really helps to like them though, so that's good for me.

Also, don't be ashamed. Listen to whatever you want. Just like I do.

WhoWhatWhen
July 28th, 2016, 03:09 AM
I haven't seen him live but I have seen a lot of videos from 2015/2016 live. He is almost always drunk and usually sounds crap. It really sucks and I hope he stops because it makes his performances pretty terrible. :(