PDA

View Full Version : What do you do?

Amethyst Rose
July 24th, 2016, 06:04 PM
A writer who came to my school and spoke once told me there is no such thing as writer's block. Ok, well, I'm experiencing this "thing" that is not writer's block but if I were to give it a name, it would be called writer's block.

What do you all do to get over it? I usually just take a break on what I'm writing and come back to it later with a clear mind. If anyone else has a different way that works for them, I'd be happy to hear it.

Flapjack
July 24th, 2016, 06:52 PM
I have heard keeping a journal and just writing whatever comes to mind for 15 mins or an hour, however long you feel like doing it help:) The key is no restriction, if you're thinking about pepsi or turtles or the girl you like, just write about it:)

Amethyst Rose
July 24th, 2016, 08:20 PM
I have heard keeping a journal and just writing whatever comes to mind for 15 mins or an hour, however long you feel like doing it help:) The key is no restriction, if you're thinking about pepsi or turtles or the girl you like, just write about it:)

I will start keeping a journal and do what you said.
The good news is, I got through my block and finished what I was writing!!

Flapjack
July 25th, 2016, 05:46 AM
I will start keeping a journal and do what you said.
The good news is, I got through my block and finished what I was writing!!
Glad to hear it buddy! You should uploads it here:)

GeneralSkrubz
July 25th, 2016, 05:52 AM
Whenever I experience what I call writers block, I move on to a different piece. Much of my Wattpad I haven't touched in 5 months because I move on to an Art piece, or a music piece, and slowly circle my way around for inspiration c:

Amethyst Rose
July 25th, 2016, 11:05 AM
Thanks Shane, I'll try that out. :)

Mimikyu: I'm not big on uploading my writing where everyone can see, so if you're interested, you're welcome to PM me.