PDA

View Full Version : Strong sociopathic resemblance

Skylark
July 21st, 2016, 11:17 AM
Most of my life, I've struggled to feel many of the emotions my friends and family do. I border on sociopathic. I rarely feel guilt or shame, and really have no sense of empathy. Whenever I'm happy, such as when I'm spending time with my grandparents, mom, or friends, it's overshadowed with the depression that comes after it's over. I'm rarely truly happy, more like... content.
But there is one strong emotion I find myself feeling every single fucking day, without fail: anger. I've come to realize how thin-skinned of a person I am, even over everyday annoyances. But when someone makes me mad, I'm more than that. I become a hateful, bitter, cruel person. I have no difficulty imagining the deaths of people who anger me, but never at my hands.
I've worn a mask the past few years. I've acted happy whenever I'm not, but in tense or pressured situations, my true personality came to light. I just wish I could remove the mask, but it can't happen. I'd most likely be labeled a sociopath. Though I lack many sociopathic tendencies, I do possess a frankly scary number of them. I have no idea what to do about this, or if there's anything to do at all.

Flapjack
July 21st, 2016, 01:53 PM
I would suggest speaking to your parents and maybe getting anger management? I could suggest 100 things from meditation to punching bags but I don't know enough about you to know what would help:) Please get help for this, the last thing you want is to get angry and hurt someone you love:)

Skylark
July 21st, 2016, 05:07 PM
I would suggest speaking to your parents and maybe getting anger management? I could suggest 100 things from meditation to punching bags but I don't know enough about you to know what would help:) Please get help for this, the last thing you want is to get angry and hurt someone you love:)

Lol, punching bags. I did taekwondo for four years, but stopped when I got my 1st degree black belt in March. I don't really know if this helped or not, but I might try something along the lines of "punching bag" once again.

Flapjack
July 21st, 2016, 05:12 PM
Lol, punching bags. I did taekwondo for four years, but stopped when I got my 1st degree black belt in March. I don't really know if this helped or not, but I might try something along the lines of "punching bag" once again.
Did the taekwondo help? I have heard that fighting sports can make agression worse but I have also heard others that say, if the student is taught how to control and focus anger, it can help:)

Skylark
July 21st, 2016, 10:07 PM
Did the taekwondo help? I have heard that fighting sports can make agression worse but I have also heard others that say, if the student is taught how to control and focus anger, it can help:)

I think it helped a lot. It's actually mostly not a fighting sport, we rarely sparred. We mainly did calisthenics and forms (long series of kicks, punches, blocks, etc.) which required a great deal of concentration, patience, and self-control. It might not have made me happy, but it calmed me down.

jamie_n5
July 21st, 2016, 10:11 PM
Have you ever seen a doctor about your depression? Medications can really help you deal with your depression a lot easier. The anger management classes would help too. Good luck man.

Just JT
July 30th, 2016, 12:46 PM
Have you ever seen a doctor about your depression? Medications can really help you deal with your depression a lot easier. The anger management classes would help too. Good luck man.

i agree with Jamie. I've had a lot of anger issue to, most have turned to violence, with bad endings. If you can identify the triggers, and make a plan, it'll be easier to deal with. A professional can help with that. Maybe some meds to. Not saying that's a definate cause it sucks, but if it's needed, even for a short time.....

I think it helped a lot. It's actually mostly not a fighting sport, we rarely sparred. We mainly did calisthenics and forms (long series of kicks, punches, blocks, etc.) which required a great deal of concentration, patience, and self-control. It might not have made me happy, but it calmed me down.

This would Benifit, the patience and self control are huge, both in martial arts and anger management

jamie_n5
July 30th, 2016, 03:16 PM
Sounds like you are doing better. Good to hear man.

Skylark
July 31st, 2016, 10:33 AM
Sounds like you are doing better. Good to hear man.

I am. I've taken a break from fencing and only gone to the forms classes in taekwondo. I've also finally gotten together with my longtime friend. She seemed to have been waiting for me to work up the courage to ask her out for a while now, lmao. :D

jamie_n5
July 31st, 2016, 11:21 AM
Great I am so happy for you.

Desynchronized
July 31st, 2016, 11:28 AM
Its awesome that you are feeling well. And congrats on your black belt. Also good luck.

Skylark
August 1st, 2016, 08:34 AM
I might go back to get my second degree black belt when school starts. Thank all you guys!