PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Schedule Issues...

Gabe_Is_Confused
July 21st, 2016, 12:10 AM
During the summer my sleep schedule likes to, uh, "screw" itself over. It started about 2 years ago, and is probably due to the difference of being on a school schedule. Now, this summer my issue hasn't been as reckoning as last time. This summer, the time period I'm awake is usually 3:40 pm to 5:00 am. But last summer it was more severe, leading me to be awake from 5:00 pm to 11:00 am! I'm getting really sick of it. I've tried everything. Falling asleep early? Nope, each time I've done it I woke up half a hour later. Pulling a 24 hour-er? Nope. Always fall asleep halfway through.

Are there any recommendations to get my sleeping schedule back to normal? Any methods? If so, PLEASE tell me.

Bull
July 21st, 2016, 01:03 AM
Gabe, Gabe, Gabe, what the hell are you doing do your body? Sleep deprivation can lead to many physical and medical problems. What ever you are doing in those wee hours is causing you mental anguish, so stop doing it. Keep the same schedule of sleep time and awake time year round. Set your schedule and stick with it. Set your alarm at the usual time and get up and get your day started. By time to hit the sack you will be ready for a good NIGHT's sleep. Get in control of your life for your health's sake.

jamie_n5
July 21st, 2016, 04:49 PM
You need to try get back on your school time schedule. Like Billy said doing what you are doing is very unhealthy. You may need your doctors help too. He or she may prescribe a sleeping aid for you to use to get back on schedule. You need to do something soon.

Flapjack
July 21st, 2016, 05:00 PM
During the summer my sleep schedule likes to, uh, "screw" itself over. It started about 2 years ago, and is probably due to the difference of being on a school schedule. Now, this summer my issue hasn't been as reckoning as last time. This summer, the time period I'm awake is usually 3:40 pm to 5:00 am. But last summer it was more severe, leading me to be awake from 5:00 pm to 11:00 am! I'm getting really sick of it. I've tried everything. Falling asleep early? Nope, each time I've done it I woke up half a hour later. Pulling a 24 hour-er? Nope. Always fall asleep halfway through.

Are there any recommendations to get my sleeping schedule back to normal? Any methods? If so, PLEASE tell me.
I used to suffer from this big timeeXD So far this summer I have not suffered from it because I have been going out every day. I sorted it by doing an all nighter once and then sticking to a strict sleep schedule. I don't have any advice for you not being able to stay awake, I have been awale for 3 days straight onceXD

Just JT
July 22nd, 2016, 05:25 AM
I think Gabe_Is_Confused is getting enough sleep, maybe to much, look at the times. It's the change in times, and general patterns.

Gabe, like everyone is saying here, get a handle on it. Myself, a year ago, I'd go on 2-3 hours of sleep a night for a month or 2 or longer. It's just not health. The main problem is you are the only one who can make that change. Get yourself into a rigid sleep schedule. Talk to your doctor if you need to. It's ok to sleep a little later in the summer, that's normal, but your upside down and sleeping waaaay to long.

What ever time you used to get up for school, start now by waking up 2 hours later that that, do your regular am routines, then just go do something physical. Run, exercise, ride a bike, swim, what ever. Make a plan for yiur day not watching tv and posting on VT all day (not that it's a bad thing) cause that may be changing everything.

In fact any major change in your life can cause things like this to happen. Like a
If your family moves, change in family dynamics, like a death in the family. Grieving is a huge thing, hard to face sometimes, even when you think your ok with it, and all that happened was stop the pain atm. The process is important bro. ^^