PDA

View Full Version : Converting to vegetarian

WhoWhatWhen
July 19th, 2016, 02:46 AM
I've been trying to convert to vegetarian for a while now. Does anyone have any good and fairly easy to make meal suggestions/recipes? Thanks :metal:

Cadanance00
July 19th, 2016, 08:53 AM
My mom's a vegetarian so I know a little about this. It's hard to travel with her cuz almost every meal has meat in it. If you don't believe it, try it. Aside from a buffet, salad bar at Wendy's, and the veg sub at subway, there's not a lot for a vego to get on the road.

Eating vego is a task. No one group of vegetables has all the amino acids you need to live, so vegetarians have to be careful to include a variety of vegetables to make sure they're getting adequate nutrition.

Goolge is full of vegetarian recipes. I know cuz in my fam we take turns cooking dinner and I have to come up with some vegetarian dishes. Fortunately she eats cheese and eggs so it's easier.

However: I support what you're doing. Hope it works out well for you.
~Caen

rioo
July 19th, 2016, 09:03 AM
Actually you can google it for easy. All I know is rice and tofu is nice. I've eat black rice once, it feels more energy, but don't much remember it.)
I'm not vegan but my lunch today is all vegan, but I feel don't get more energy. (

Flapjack
July 19th, 2016, 09:05 AM
I was a veggie for 10 months and my diet was terrible because I did not plan it out.I am no chef or nutritionist but just wanted to say how important it is:)

Typhlosion
July 27th, 2016, 12:22 AM
OP, legumes (lentils especially!) are your friend. I enjoy lentil hamburgers, pancakes, rice and beans, garbanzo salad, pasta, cake, pea soup, pies and more in my family.

My mom's a vegetarian so I know a little about this. It's hard to travel with her cuz almost every meal has meat in it. If you don't believe it, try it. Aside from a buffet, salad bar at Wendy's, and the veg sub at subway, there's not a lot for a vego to get on the road.
~Caen

Funny thing you mention, my family has no custom of eating out at all, we never ate the four of us in a restaurant. Huh.

Dalcourt
July 27th, 2016, 05:29 AM
as the others said google is your friend in finding recipes...I'm not really a vegetarian I eat meat now and then and especially seafood but I like eating meatless dishes.
Last thing I made was zucchini noodles with tomato sauce

NatteDroom03
July 30th, 2016, 03:07 AM
Make some pizza, with all the goodies on it besides the meat. It'll still fill you up. :)

YouTube
July 30th, 2016, 07:16 AM
I've been meat free since may and it has been pretty easy for the most part. But don't be afraid to say "No, thank you" when offered meat. Time and time again by instinct, I almost eat meat but remember that I no longer do. It will take a lot of discipline, but you will realize there are SO many alternatives to meat. Not just "tofu burgers" and "tofu dogs". Also look into supplements for things like B-12 since it is only found in animal products and you may develop a deficiency.

Vegetarian foods:
Rice
Beans
Fruits
Vegetables
Cereals
Oatmeal
Pizza (-meat)
lasagna (-meat)
Soup (-meat)
Ice Cream
Many more!

devotionnel
July 31st, 2016, 05:22 AM
Make sure to stick to a mixture of beans and pulses, they'll provide you with a bit of nutrition and protein for your new diet. If you are really nervous about getting the right meals, try out multivitamins or supplements until you're confident with a good diet plan.

Kuroshiro
August 6th, 2016, 08:46 AM
I used an app called Yummly that gave m recipes according to the specifications I looked for

Yummly Recipes & Shopping List for iPad by Yummly
https://appsto.re/gb/w161W.i

Abyssal Echo
August 7th, 2016, 07:26 PM
I've been trying to convert to vegetarian for a while now. Does anyone have any good and fairly easy to make meal suggestions/recipes? Thanks :metal:

Check out www.ChefMarkAnthony.com he has a lot of good recipes.