PDA

View Full Version : Worthless

Dalcourt
July 18th, 2016, 09:41 PM
As I kid I have always felt kinda worthless, as if nobody cared about me and as if I had no real friends at all. I was self-harming and taking all kinds of drugs.

Later I learnt how to love myself more. My use of alcohol and drugs decreased and I stopped self-harming so much. When I look back at last year around summer I was really considerably happy and optimistic.

Sadly over the year my feeling of being worthless and unloveable came back...as came all the bad things I used to do.
I'm back at drinking, doing drugs and acting like a criminal and a whore.

Maybe that's all I'll ever be...playing that part cuz people see me like that.
Maybe that's all I ever deserve to be...
If I'd be worth it people would bother to try and see behind the mask I put on right?

Devinsoccer
July 18th, 2016, 09:59 PM
You still have a chance to get better in life Peanut_ your young and you still got time. You could go to theripists, which do cost money. You could put your mind off of it. Play sports or games. Do something that will make you feel like your worth something.

Dalcourt
July 18th, 2016, 10:08 PM
You still have a chance to get better in life Peanut_ your young and you still got time. You could go to theripists, which do cost money. You could put your mind off of it. Play sports or games. Do something that will make you feel like your worth something.

Yes, thank you...but sometimes it's just too hard...and life seems to deal out just one blow after another at the moment.

TheFutureDoctor
July 19th, 2016, 12:24 AM
Yes, thank you...but sometimes it's just too hard...and life seems to deal out just one blow after another at the moment.

Hey hang in there dude! When the going gets tough the tough gets going! You aren't worthless at all, noone is worthless in the world. Life can only get better for you man. And I dont think you should take drugs and alcohol.. Even if Im nobody to say it... Try doing things you like and hope for the best!

Meron
July 19th, 2016, 12:31 AM
I've been shown hatred by my parents, I'm not liked, I barely have friends, I'm a victim of anxiety, and I'm homicidal. Do you think it's easy?

Just hang in there.

DriveAlive
July 19th, 2016, 12:50 AM
Why specifically do you feel worthless? I guarantee that with accomplishments will come self worth. Commit yourself to goals, no matte how small and grow in your accomplishments.

Dalcourt
July 19th, 2016, 01:54 AM
Why specifically do you feel worthless? I guarantee that with accomplishments will come self worth. Commit yourself to goals, no matte how small and grow in your accomplishments.

I usually feel worthless due to the way others treat me n matter what I do. It's not easy to describe without going into lengthy details.

I'm not sure how goals I set help me when others just put me down no matter what I try to do or decide or achieve.

DriveAlive
July 19th, 2016, 08:10 AM
I usually feel worthless due to the way others treat me n matter what I do. It's not easy to describe without going into lengthy details.

I'm not sure how goals I set help me when others just put me down no matter what I try to do or decide or achieve.

This might be a sort of cheesy example, but I want you to consider a man like Mark Cuban for a second (it could be any really successful person). He clearly does not care what others think because all he cares about is accomplishing his own goals. When you focus on your own success, others become insignificant. When you are goal oriented, you command better treatment from others.

jamie_n5
July 19th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Ty you know you are not worthless. You have been through a lot of tough things but you are a great guy. You are worrying too much about all the insignificant things that add up and seem to bother you. You said you are loving yourself more.That is great! Improve your attitude and I think others will treat you better too.You know I like you and care a lot about you.

Dalcourt
July 20th, 2016, 05:20 AM
Ty you know you are not worthless. You have been through a lot of tough things but you are a great guy. You are worrying too much about all the insignificant things that add up and seem to bother you. You said you are loving yourself more.That is great! Improve your attitude and I think others will treat you better too.You know I like you and care a lot about you.

Thanks that's nice. But still I don't think that improving my attitude will change much.

Anyway just yesterday I was shown by my grandma that I'm nothing to her at all...her caring for me is obviously just a game she plays with my dad to piss him off...so how should I feel if they don't even treat me like some real person but like some price they want to win.

Just JT
July 20th, 2016, 09:16 AM
Ty, we've talked a lot this past year. And I think I got a pretty good idea about where you were when we first met. It was a good place, and you walked me through a dark place myself. And some things happened, right? And they got a bit better to. Not 100% back to where it was, but still better. It's a process, takes time, kinda like a healing process or grieving process. It's just something we need to go through sometimes. And you shouldn't go that alone by any means.

Yiur talking to people here, and that's a good thing bro. Talking is most of it. Helps sort shit out. And it'll get better. But like someone else said, make a goal for yourself, and work towards that goal. It'll get better.

Dalcourt
July 20th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Ty, we've talked a lot this past year. And I think I got a pretty good idea about where you were when we first met. It was a good place, and you walked me through a dark place myself. And some things happened, right? And they got a bit better to. Not 100% back to where it was, but still better. It's a process, takes time, kinda like a healing process or grieving process. It's just something we need to go through sometimes. And you shouldn't go that alone by any means.

Yiur talking to people here, and that's a good thing bro. Talking is most of it. Helps sort shit out. And it'll get better. But like someone else said, make a goal for yourself, and work towards that goal. It'll get better.

Honestly I'd not know what goals to set for myself. I never had any other goal in my life than simply survive... but even this seems not worth anymore.

I don't really see a purpose in caring anymore as hardly anyone seems to care.
I don't have the strength anymore to act cheerful and be funny around others...and nobody wants me around when I'm sad and angry.

DriveAlive
July 21st, 2016, 12:10 AM
Honestly I'd not know what goals to set for myself. I never had any other goal in my life than simply survive... but even this seems not worth anymore.

I don't really see a purpose in caring anymore as hardly anyone seems to care.
I don't have the strength anymore to act cheerful and be funny around others...and nobody wants me around when I'm sad and angry.

Seriously, you want to accomplish nothing on life? Find a career, invent something, create! Stop acting like you have no purpose in life just because you do not know what it is yet. It is your job to find your purpose and make it happen. Once you dedicate yourself to something, all else will become trivial.

Just JT
July 21st, 2016, 04:57 AM
DriveAlive makes a good point. I'm sure you've wanted to do something in life. We talked just the other day about how you think it would be cool to get a car. You have a job, maybe start saving some of the cash you make for a car. Figure what kinda car you want, see how much they cost, and start saving for that much money. It'll probably be a used car, maybe an older model or something, they are cheaper. Then work towards that goal.

Along the way of making that goal might be smaller goals like getting your drivers liscence, learning to drive, maybe getting something else you need for the car.

It'll motivate you to do something cause you want something, and you feel really good about yourself when you get your goal cause you did it yourself, with no help from anyone else.

So give it a try, pick something you want or wana do, don't just give up bro, that's not what life gave you, even if it does feel like it right now. Be a survivor bro, be a survivor with me.

TheLivingLie
July 21st, 2016, 11:42 AM
Now summer is here I do feel quite lonely and depressed but I used to feel worthless. U just have to realise your family will always be there for u and love u even if they don't show it. I think the key to not feeling worthless is taking your mind off it all, and to this u need a goal, whether it be a job to pay for a holiday or studying for school to get good grades. Through one of these u can meet new people who may perhaps turn into new friends