PDA

View Full Version : Friend Problems

GayTeen2016
July 18th, 2016, 12:57 PM
I am an openly gay 15 year old boy that has no problem with his sexuality. However, I go to an all boys school where I have hardly any friends and sometimes I question if its because of my sexuality...

I was just wondering if anyone else has the same kind of problem...

Flapjack
July 18th, 2016, 12:58 PM
I hope not! I can't imagine it being a problem where I'm from but in some parts of the world, people are very nasty and homophobic.

GayTeen2016
July 18th, 2016, 01:03 PM
It's just like I try to start conversations about things we like or they like and they just ignore me or end the conversation.

Zachary G
July 18th, 2016, 01:12 PM
GayTeen2016 There are going to be times when you are going to run into situations like you described, but you cant let that deter you from trying to make friends. Some people are very intimidated by people who are secure in being themselves and this may be the case with you. Dont let that stop you because your being who you are just might be the motivation someone else might need to embrace themselves and open themselves up to being your friend. Stay strong and keep doing what youre doing.

GayTeen2016
July 18th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Thank you :)

warbit
July 18th, 2016, 05:52 PM
That sucks man, I go to an all boys school two and I have some gay friends but they get along with everyone. I think it is because they became friends with everyone before they came out. Idk...
If you wanna chat to anyone on the website then just ask, I can give u my snapchat or my kik if you wanna chat. I say this because when I first joined vt I was more or less depressed and lonely and I've met some great people on here and since then, because of this, I've gained a lots of new friends on here and irl since vt has given lots of confidence. Anyway... I'm rambling as per usual. Hmu if you want :)

jamie_n5
July 18th, 2016, 08:55 PM
I am sorry things don't seem to be going well for you. Like others have said don't give up or get all bummed about it. Keep trying to interact with others and I am sure once the other guys find out what a really awesome guy you really are you will start making friends. Keep positive and just be yourself. Good luck man.

SethfromMI
July 18th, 2016, 09:14 PM
that's a tough situation man. all you can do is continue to be yourself. show people your sexuality is just a part of you, it is not what defines you. show them you really are like them, you just happen to like guys instead of girls. some people are still going to give you crap. try to rise above it though

DoodleSnap
July 21st, 2016, 07:47 AM
Yeah, it can be hard, but don't let it bring you down. Persevere, and you'll find someone who likes being friends with you because they like you just the way you are.

Good luck.

Just JT
July 21st, 2016, 08:12 AM
I think a lot depends on where you live kinda like what was said earlier. Some guys are just so insecure about sexuality, or their own sexuality, especially when they are questioning what sexuality they are. Many guys when questioning want to believe they don't wana be gay. And if your open about it they might get the wrong idea or feeling and feel insecure about it. They might even be into you but can't come to terms with it. Pretty much any example is all on them.

So just be yourself, be proud, be confident and just carry on. It'll change I'm sure as time goes on. Just keep trying, seek out new and different guys to meet at school. I sure somewhere, sometime, somehow, there will be another boy in your school who is either ok with a friends who's gay, or is gay, or bi, or what ever, and will be receptive to your attempt to start a convo or friendship.

It sucks, but don't give up, and when you do feel down about it, we're always here

Btw, do you live at school or are you like a day student?

GayTeen2016
July 21st, 2016, 10:32 AM
I am a day student

Just JT
July 21st, 2016, 02:50 PM
Ok then, that gives you a better opportunity to get out in your city or town and meet other people your age. Does your school or commute have any LGBT things to offer you?