PDA

View Full Version : Is a trans considered gay/lesbian?

Student of Magic
July 17th, 2016, 01:50 PM
I'm not sure where to post this :)

As the title says, I am curious if a trans is considered a gay or a lesbian as well.

Also, what if you are, for example, a gay trans? Does that mean you are attracted by people of the same gender as the gender that you identify with? Sorry if this sounds a bit confusing.

Flapjack
July 17th, 2016, 01:52 PM
from what I understand, a trans women is not like a women, she is a women. Same with men of course. So if there is a gay trans man he would be attracted to men just like a cis gay:)

jamie_n5
July 17th, 2016, 08:16 PM
If you are truly Transgender then you truly feel that you are the opposite sex that you were born as and you are the opposite sex that you were born in the wrong body.

PlasmaHam
July 17th, 2016, 08:22 PM
Bruce Jenner said that isn't gay after his procedure, stating that he still likes women. I doubt there are any cut and dry answers on this. Transgenderism is a really sick practice anyway, so I really don't give much care about it.

kryptonite
July 18th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Read this:
https://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/sexuality-definitions.pdf

DoodleSnap
July 22nd, 2016, 07:01 AM
Transgender people are often welcomed into the same community and spaces as other members of the LGBT+ community. Some transgender people are gay, meaning that say for example, a trans boy would be attracted to other trans boys and cis boys. Or vice versa. Or some trans people are bisexual. Basically, don't let a box or a label define you - do what feels natural and good.

Canadian.Teen
August 1st, 2016, 01:17 PM
When you are trans you are part of the LGBT+ community, but you are only gay or lesbian if you like the same sex. So if a FTM trans person likes guys, then they are gay, and if a MTF trans person likes girls, then they are lesbian.