PDA

View Full Version : Swimming

Splat
July 15th, 2016, 05:07 PM
Hiya!

For the past week I've decided to start trying to get back into swimming after feeling like an absolute potato lol. So far this week I've been twice, and I went once last week. I am also planning on going tomorrow. Here are my times and distances for only breaststroke, bearing in mind i haven't swum properly for 5 years.
-Last week Thursday: 1 hour | 64 lengths | 1.6km
-Thursday: 40 mins | 50 lengths | 1.2km
-Friday (today): 1 hour | 80 lengths | 2km

Do you think these are good times/distances? And what are your times and distances for breaststroke or any others?

-Anna

Kyle37
July 15th, 2016, 07:02 PM
Thats not bad. I generally don't count myself. I just keep on pushing, without swimming too hard, otherwise I'll lose all my energy. I usually don't swim for over an hour as it gets boring.

Flapjack
July 15th, 2016, 07:17 PM
I do not think they're that great if I am being honest lengths don't mean much so I just compared the distance to the time.

rioo
July 15th, 2016, 08:15 PM
don't push your body too much hard because swimming should be relaxing. And watching peoples who have good technique is a good time.

Devinsoccer
July 16th, 2016, 12:22 AM
Well, its good that you seem to be getting better each time because your first one was just under one length per minute, then the second one was 5 lengths every four minutes than the last one was 4 lengsths every 3 minutes. Good job! Continue improving!

mark_r100
October 20th, 2016, 12:56 PM
i like to swim laps but not so much in open water

Phosphene
October 20th, 2016, 04:25 PM
Please don't post in threads with more than two months of inactivity :locked: