PDA

View Full Version : Going to the beach alone?

chris01J
July 14th, 2016, 10:04 PM
I didnt know what other section to post this in, so i put it here.. Does anyone here go to the beach by yourself? I wanted to this weekend to relax and get a tan. But all other times i have been, its groups of people and families. I just feel like people would look at me weird if I was alone?? anyone?

SethfromMI
July 14th, 2016, 10:30 PM
eh I have and would go alone. there are plenty of people who do. I would rather go with friends, but it is not weird if you go alone

ImCoolBeans
July 14th, 2016, 11:37 PM
I haven't done it just because the closest beaches to my area are kind of a drive, so it usually ends up being a trip with family or friends, but I don't think it's weird to go alone. Sounds pretty nice to me actually.

Cadanance00
July 15th, 2016, 10:19 AM
The beach is like a six hour drive from here, so no. But I don't think anybody's going to look at you funny unless you look funny.

Flapjack
July 15th, 2016, 10:36 AM
I know loads of people that live near the beach and just chill on their own:)

pjones
July 16th, 2016, 11:10 AM
i go alone if nobody else wants to go.

JohnC
July 16th, 2016, 11:38 AM
Going alone is fine. Good time to sit and think and watch the waves roll in.

Just JT
July 16th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Yes I have, beach lake or riverside and just lay in the sun in solitude. Peace and quiet, I think it's good for you to just take some alone time. And I've never felt like anyone was looking at me weird or anything. And I've seen others go alone, and never gave it any thought either way.

jamie_n5
July 22nd, 2016, 07:45 PM
No I think it's fine to go alone. Look at it as a way to maybe meet new friends.

NatteDroom03
July 31st, 2016, 06:06 AM
I would never go to the beach alone. I'd be bored out of my wits, and besides, who knows what I may run into.....

Bull
July 31st, 2016, 06:29 AM
Being alone is at times very refreshing. A good book, or day dreaming, or finding objects in the clouds can be a way of cleaning the cobwebs out of the mind. So, try it. Hope you enjoy it. Oh, and as someone said it can be a lake, a riverside, or in the middle of a forest, just go enjoy nature.

Bull
July 31st, 2016, 06:34 AM
I would never go to the beach alone. I'd be bored out of my wits, and besides, who knows what I may run into.....

Good point. I do think age has a lot to do with a decision to be alone in a certain places/situations. I guess girls of any age has to be more alert to their surroundings than guys. That is not meant as a put down, just being realistic.

NatteDroom03
July 31st, 2016, 06:37 AM
I guess girls of any age has to be more alert to their surroundings than guys. That is not meant as a put down, just being realistic.

I know. It's unfortunately true.

Tine Dancer
July 31st, 2016, 12:29 PM

Me too, especially showing so much of my body.

devotionnel
July 31st, 2016, 12:36 PM
I don't live near a beach, but I've been to the beach alone before when I was staying with my nan. It's not a popular beach, and I didn't go there with the intention of catching a tan, it's nice to go there when I need to be alone and gather my thoughts.

I guess girls of any age has to be more alert to their surroundings than guys. That is not meant as a put down, just being realistic.

You have a point here, but it depends how busy the beach is and what you're wearing.

Amethyst Rose
July 31st, 2016, 12:43 PM
I don't live near a beach and have only been to a beach once with my family, but if I had the chance I wouldn't mind going alone. It would be very peaceful.

everlong
August 3rd, 2016, 07:45 PM
I never have, but it wouldn't be weird for you to go alone.

LITTLEANGEL16
September 25th, 2016, 09:59 AM
I never have went alone up to now but may do when older, there can be some weirdos around watching young and teen girls and boys, I always go with some girlfriends and also my mum, aunt, cousin, and Nan, sometimes my friends family be there.
If anyone does go alone STAY SAFE :)