PDA

View Full Version : Tornado

Amethyst Rose
July 14th, 2016, 04:45 PM
Oh my God.
This was some scary shit.
The last time I was in a tornado I was too young to remember it. Now, I'm glad I didn't.
My mom was driving me to the dentist earlier today, and a tornado hit out of the blue. There hadn't been any tornado watch on TV, and a very small percent chance of rain. The wind picked up and there was stuff flying everywhere, dirt hitting the car, electricity flashing from the downed lines, sirens... she said it looked like we were driving into hell, and I couldn't agree more. Good thing we turned around when we did; we found out that at the very place we turned around to go home, a building got its roof ripped off. So we were very close and it could have ended badly.
Now it has totally passed. No damage except the wind ripped a tree out of the ground and it fell partway on my dad's truck, but it is ok. I'm so thankful it wasn't any worse and that we got out in time.

BrokenWingedPegasus
July 14th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Oh my God.
The last time I was in a tornado I was too young to remember it. Now, I'm glad I didn't.
My mom was driving me to the dentist earlier today, and a tornado hit out of the blue. There hadn't been any tornado watch on TV, and a very small percent chance of rain. The wind picked up and there was stuff flying everywhere, dirt hitting the car, electricity flashing from the downed lines, sirens... she said it looked like we were driving into hell, and I couldn't agree more. Good thing we turned around when we did; we found out that at the very place we turned around to go home, a building got its roof ripped off. So we were very close and it could have ended badly.
Now it has totally passed. No damage except the wind ripped a tree out of the ground and it fell partway on my dad's truck, but it is ok. I'm so thankful it wasn't any worse and that we got out in time.
Like I said before, I'm sorry to hear. I hope something like that doesn't happen to you again, you're a good person that doesn't deserve such bad things. I'm glad tornadoes don't really happen where I live, and I hope they don't appear there anymore, especially like that, without warning.

Barbara.
July 14th, 2016, 05:28 PM
Oh my God.
Would you happen to live in the mid west,Better known as tornado alley?

Amethyst Rose
July 14th, 2016, 05:47 PM
Would you happen to live in the mid west,Better known as tornado alley?

I live in the south central portion of the US.

Sublime Demonz
July 14th, 2016, 06:54 PM
Holy shit, that is terrifying. As a child, I was always terrified of the idea of tornadoes even though they are not even close to common in Maine. That sounds like the worst nightmare of my 6 year old self. I'm so sorry this happened, I can't even imagine the terror you must've felt.

Barbara.
July 14th, 2016, 07:00 PM
Holy shit, that is terrifying. As a child, I was always terrified of the idea of tornadoes even though they are not even close to common in Maine. That sounds like the worst nightmare of my 6 year old self. I'm so sorry this happened, I can't even imagine the terror you must've felt.

Yes i agree as i have had fears also.i live where tornados are less likely to happen but the fear is still there. Who knows anymore with global warming.

Amethyst Rose
July 15th, 2016, 12:08 PM
We went out to run some errands and drove home the way we came yesterday. The buildings are so fucked up, there's trees split in half... the destruction was chasing us the whole time, right behind us. I'm lucky to be alive.

Flapjack
July 15th, 2016, 12:09 PM
I've never actually seen a tornado before! It must be so cool:p

Amethyst Rose
July 15th, 2016, 03:12 PM
I've never actually seen a tornado before! It must be so cool:p

Cool isn't the word I'd use to describe it... maybe that's just me, being I was literally IN one :lol:

Cadanance00
July 18th, 2016, 05:45 PM
Glad you made it through okay and no one was hurt.

BlackParadePixie
July 18th, 2016, 10:10 PM
I want to see a tornado so bad

Dalcourt
July 18th, 2016, 10:17 PM
I have experienced a tornado once...we don't get them too often here (it's more a hurricane area) and it was pretty scary.

Glad to hear nobody was hurt, though

Cadanance00
July 21st, 2016, 03:22 PM

Not up close, you don't.

Porpoise101
July 21st, 2016, 03:48 PM

Get bottled water
Drink 1/4 of it
Flip
Wow a tornado!

In Michigan we get big thunderstorms. But there have been tornadoes. In Kentucky I was on vacation camping and we got caught in one. Our tent flew away and the trees covered all of the roads.

BlackParadePixie
July 21st, 2016, 05:12 PM
Not up close, you don't.
well no...not super close...but maybe a couple miles away.

jamie_n5
July 22nd, 2016, 07:42 PM
Wow what an experience. I am so glad that you and your mom are alright. The big guy in the sky must have been looking out for you.

TheFutureDoctor
July 22nd, 2016, 07:44 PM
well no...not super close...but maybe a couple miles away.

Must be something on youtube. See it safely from a million miles away. :P