PDA

View Full Version : Anybody working night shifts?

Stronk Serb
July 12th, 2016, 01:52 AM
So, is anyone here working a night shift job? Do you like it? Does it pay extra? Are you afraid of robbery? How often do you work?
I am currently working part-time at a trafika (a kiosk selling cigarettes, newspapers, beverages and some snacks). Essentially I am in a big white box with two beverage fridges and one ice cream fridge outside. Bathroom break is peeing in a plastic bag, smoking, eatingand drinking non-alcohol on the job is allowed, unlike the day shifts. The job pays 20% extra on the daily wage, I am not supposed to ressist robbery and I work four nights a week total, three nights are in that box, one night is in a shop version of it, same thing but it has a bathroom and is more spacey.

Croconaw
July 12th, 2016, 05:36 AM
I work night shift. It pays fifty cents more, and I prefer it. As a cashier, not many people come in during those hours. There seems to be a shitload of returns, though, which really sucks. I'm not really experienced in doing returns yet. I work four days a week, from 9:00 PM to 6:00 AM. I am not afraid of robbery. If there was a robbery, we can't do anything about it because the store claims that our safety is more important than whatever is being stolen.

Stronk Serb
July 12th, 2016, 03:30 PM
I work night shift. It pays fifty cents more, and I prefer it. As a cashier, not many people come in during those hours. There seems to be a shitload of returns, though, which really sucks. I'm not really experienced in doing returns yet. I work four days a week, from 9:00 PM to 6:00 AM. I am not afraid of robbery. If there was a robbery, we can't do anything about it because the store claims that our safety is more important than whatever is being stolen.

The boss told me that if anyone comes with a gun, I am to leave the kiosk and tell him to do whatever the robber wants. I have a bunch of guys claiming that I cheated them out of change which is a scam. They return after a minute after stashing the change. We have a count on the counter policy for change, any complaints after that are null and void. We also don't do returns because of the types of products we sell.

bandofbros20
July 14th, 2016, 12:17 AM
I currently work at a Movie Theater and there's always plenty of people so I'm not worried about that. But I used to work at Subway (which was awful) and was a little worried. I was almost always working alone so that was fun and closing. One time a guy comes in with some silver object in his hands and I almost shit myself until I realised it was a wierd ass phone cover but fuck dudE

Fussik
July 14th, 2016, 05:00 AM
I have never worked at night before, but I need to find such a job soon

Stronk Serb
July 15th, 2016, 03:19 PM
I currently work at a Movie Theater and there's always plenty of people so I'm not worried about that. But I used to work at Subway (which was awful) and was a little worried. I was almost always working alone so that was fun and closing. One time a guy comes in with some silver object in his hands and I almost shit myself until I realised it was a wierd ass phone cover but fuck dudE

I have my stabby tool here just in case, but if anyone pulls a gun, I will just let them in and be on my way.

I have never worked at night before, but I need to find such a job soon

Be preoared to sleep for the whole day. It's not an easy thing, but it's not ultra hard as they claim it to be.

everlong
July 15th, 2016, 06:24 PM
I don't. I work at a cafe that just serves breakfast.

Hyper
July 17th, 2016, 09:52 PM
I used to work a night shift at a factory I worked at for awhile...

Best time of my working life over there. Only me and one other person in the entire factory. Scheduled our own breaks, less dumbass people to mess up our work order and naturally it paid more, I think it was roughly 20-25% more.

Which with all the reduced stress of not having to work with some people that just slowed me down or were irritating, break whenever I wanted, less noise etc... Well it felt like 50-100%

mattsmith48
July 18th, 2016, 03:36 PM
So, is anyone here working a night shift job? Do you like it? Does it pay extra? Are you afraid of robbery? How often do you work?
I am currently working part-time at a trafika (a kiosk selling cigarettes, newspapers, beverages and some snacks). Essentially I am in a big white box with two beverage fridges and one ice cream fridge outside. Bathroom break is peeing in a plastic bag, smoking, eatingand drinking non-alcohol on the job is allowed, unlike the day shifts. The job pays 20% extra on the daily wage, I am not supposed to ressist robbery and I work four nights a week total, three nights are in that box, one night is in a shop version of it, same thing but it has a bathroom and is more spacey.

I worked some night shifts at a gaz station for like two weeks last summer the best part of it was not having to wake up in early morning :D I dont remember exacly how much more I was making wasnt that big of a difference. Living in peaceful friendly place i wasnt really worried about robberies, they can also happen during the day its just part of the job

Junebug19
July 21st, 2016, 11:06 AM
I work night shifts at a drugstore. Sometimes I work mornings whenever we need to do truck, but I mostly work from 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM, 3 to 4 days a week. It pays pretty well, so I can't complain. I've never been robbed before but I am scared of that happening. Just the thought of having a gun pointed at me freaks me out.