PDA

View Full Version : Considering buying 3DS (XL)

Typhlosion
July 11th, 2016, 03:44 PM
I've finally got some extra cash in my pocket and am considering buying a 3DS (XL), but not the *new* 3DS. I'm obviously swooned by the (upcoming) Pokémon games, which I always wanted to go online, and also other games. I could even use an R4 to play (pirate) all of the DS library.

Would you recommend a 3DS? Do you prefer the normal or XL size? What games should I get?

Flapjack
July 11th, 2016, 04:26 PM
I would love to get the 3DS myself for the same reasonXD I would say get the XL no questions asked!!

Emerald Dream
July 11th, 2016, 04:32 PM
I've had a 3DS for a few years and I love it :heart: I would definitely recommend it.

I don't like a lot of games that other people I know like, though. I like simulation, puzzle, and sports games (can't really stand repetitive fps tbh). Never really had an interest in Pokemon though :lol: (but I do plan on trying the mobile version).

insanity.
July 13th, 2016, 01:32 PM
I've tried the XL before and I liked it, so I would recommend it.

I've had the original 3DS for almost 5 years and I love it.

Ranpo
July 13th, 2016, 04:14 PM
The best DS in my opinion are the XL. I actually have two 3DS XL I enjoyed them so much.

everlong
July 14th, 2016, 03:12 PM
I don't have a 3DS but I want one. I don't have the money. From what I've seen, it looks like something worth getting, and I've heard many good things about it. I like the XL ones better.

Lukas1999
July 17th, 2016, 09:18 AM
I have had a 3DS XL for a very long time and I liked it a lot. Today it is a little bit broken. It turns off all the time when I move it while I am playing. But I want to buy a new 3DS. My favourite games are Animal Crossing or Mario Kart. I really like collecting coins while walking with it.

I would recommend a 3DS to you.

kev99
July 17th, 2016, 10:08 AM
I own 2 - one that I had for a long time is a 3DS XL, first version. The other is the latest model (I think it is just 'new 3DS'), japanese version. Both are great devices. I'd definitely recommend either the latest model (it has an extra stick and buttons are in my opinion at a better place) or the XL. Both are just great devices.

Voice_Of_Unreason
July 23rd, 2016, 10:06 PM
My sister has a 3DS XL. Its been pretty good, and I believe that the XL has better battery life than the regular 3DS.

Flapjack
July 24th, 2016, 06:25 AM
I need the new 3ds for the new pokemon gameXD

Typhlosion
July 29th, 2016, 07:17 PM
I got it! (a while ago)

http://i.imgur.com/UJ1HEpW.jpg

I bought it for myself as a birthday gift, using my first salary as an intern to pay for it all. I bought it used (1 year) for 600 BRL, plus another 100 BRL on Pokémon Y. That's just over 200 USD. It also came with Mario Kart 7, Super Mario Land and an R4! I'm really happy with my purchase, I can't lie! I'm now saving up to buy a Sky3DS+...

Joel99
August 13th, 2016, 01:01 PM
To anyone still looking, I'd recommend getting the XL. The screen size difference is HUGE.

LucaBaLuca
September 13th, 2016, 09:04 AM
I have one and have started using it a bit more. You can do heaps with it and personalise it heaps. I have recently started playing a bit more because I have Pokemon Black and White version 2, Pokemon Y and Pokemon Alpha Saphire. The good thing is, I have a heap of games for the original DS and can play them on the 3DS XL. Would definitely recommend it.

ImCoolBeans
September 13th, 2016, 11:19 AM
I have the 3DS XL. It was definitely worth spending a little more for the XL. The screen is massive, I love it :P

Darkbisco
October 5th, 2016, 11:54 PM
I've bougt a 3DS and I've use it only for pokemon Games and few Indies. Few months the 3DS (Xl or not, new or not) was a very good Buy, but now, with the upcoming NX you'll probabily Buy a console than Will be old in few months.