PDA

View Full Version : wrong diagnose?

DarkHorse4eva
February 17th, 2014, 09:48 AM
can my diagnose have been a failure???
i got diagnosed with autism and anxiety about 6 years ago, but i'm high functioning for someone with autism, and i can't feel any anxiety at all, so i think i have a wrong diagnose :/

Tarannosaurus
February 17th, 2014, 10:18 AM
It's possible that they have diagnosed you incorrectly or that you have it very mildly. Were you given reasons as to why you were diagnosed with autism/ anxiety?
If you really think you have been incorrectly diagnosed it might be a good idea to get re-diagnosed by a different doctor. In fact, it might be a good idea anyway, disorders can change and you got your one six years ago.

DarkHorse4eva
February 17th, 2014, 10:38 AM
they say i'm born with it, but i've never gotten any anxiety attacks, and i've never experienced anxiety. my autism is probably very very very mildly.

JamesSuperBoy
February 17th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Maybe you should check again - jf you want to

ksdnfkfr
February 17th, 2014, 10:59 AM
You are not the only person I know of who was once diagnosed with high functioning autism, and is now doubting its validity. Unlike autism, as far as I know anxiety can go away. IMHO the only real significance of your autism (if any) is how or if it impacts your life. If you feel like neither autism or anxiety are noticeable in you, then that is all that really matters. :)

AlexOnToast
February 17th, 2014, 02:24 PM
I think a good idea would to have the whole situation re-evaluated, and let them know exactly how you feel about yourself.

DarkHorse4eva
February 17th, 2014, 05:44 PM
I'm gonna go to my school psychologist next week then (no school this week) cuz it's where it all started

Karkat
February 27th, 2014, 06:32 PM
It's possible that they have diagnosed you incorrectly or that you have it very mildly. Were you given reasons as to why you were diagnosed with autism/ anxiety?
If you really think you have been incorrectly diagnosed it might be a good idea to get re-diagnosed by a different doctor. In fact, it might be a good idea anyway, disorders can change and you got your one six years ago.

You are not the only person I know of who was once diagnosed with high functioning autism, and is now doubting its validity. Unlike autism, as far as I know anxiety can go away. IMHO the only real significance of your autism (if any) is how or if it impacts your life. If you feel like neither autism or anxiety are noticeable in you, then that is all that really matters. :)

Agree heavily with both of these. Good luck, I hope things turn out for the best. :)

Personally, I DO have anxiety disorder, and could very possibly have autism/aspergers/some other ASD/PDD, and I can very much notice them. If you feel they don't affect your life, you don't really need to worry about them. So regardless of an actual diagnosis, unless it's bothering you, it shouldn't matter in the end. However, whatever they say could act as closure. It'll be easier to know where you stand.

Anyways, best wishes. :yes: