PDA

View Full Version : How to meet gay/bi guys in highschool?

Corvonius
July 10th, 2016, 02:37 PM
So, I want to try dating a guy to see how it goes, but my problem is that i don't know anyone who likes other guys. So i was just wondering if anyone has some tips on how to meet gay guys. Not necessarily to start dating asap, but just tips on actually meeting someone so that i know some people who i could go out with. I feel like its super awkward to just walk up and ask people if they are gay, lol.

p.s.
sorry if this is on the wrong thread.

Flapjack
July 10th, 2016, 02:40 PM
So, I want to try dating a guy to see how it goes, but my problem is that i don't know anyone who likes other guys. So i was just wondering if anyone has some tips on how to meet gay guys. Not necessarily to start dating asap, but just tips on actually meeting someone so that i know some people who i could go out with. I feel like its super awkward to just walk up and ask people if they are gay, lol.

p.s.
How old are you buddy? Up until I was about 15 everyone around me was straight but now I am 17 I know loadssss of gay/bi guys:) It takes people time to understand their sexuality and how they feel:) I'd make it clear you're gay and hope they come to you or wait until you find out someone else is gay:)

Corvonius
July 10th, 2016, 03:09 PM
I'm 17. That's good advice, but i don't know how effective it would be. Homosexuality is discouraged in my community, and if i let everyone know i'm BI, it could end up backfiring.

SethfromMI
July 10th, 2016, 03:24 PM
I'm 17. That's good advice, but i don't know how effective it would be. Homosexuality is discouraged in my community, and if i let everyone know i'm BI, it could end up backfiring.

I understand not wanting to come out in such a community, but if you are in such a community, most/many of the guys who are bi/gay are going to feel the same way as you are and are going to be less likely to come out. I guess you will just have to get to know people and if you find out they are bi/gay go from there

Flapjack
July 10th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Ohhh sorry to hear that buddy!!:( I honestly have no experience with that so don't know what to suggest:( I'd say fuck the haters but in the US I have heard it is quite dangerous to be openly gay:( Maybe wait until next year when you can do online dating?

drhalsey1
July 10th, 2016, 03:31 PM
I'm in the same boat you are, so I unfortunately can't help either.

Croconaw
July 10th, 2016, 05:11 PM
You can go for meeting people online. It is effective despite what people may say about it.

Just JT
July 10th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Ohhh sorry to hear that buddy!!:( I honestly have no experience with that so don't know what to suggest:( I'd say fuck the haters but in the US I have heard it is quite dangerous to be openly gay:( Maybe wait until next year when you can do online dating?

I think generally speaking, being gay in the US is accepted, and generally safe. But, that will change with region as well. I'm in New England, and it's pretty open here, not many problems really. But in Utah, in the Bible Belt, no way, like a different culture I think all together. It's harder in the south from what I hear

Corvonius
July 10th, 2016, 06:13 PM
I understand not wanting to come out in such a community, but if you are in such a community, most/many of the guys who are bi/gay are going to feel the same way as you are and are going to be less likely to come out. I guess you will just have to get to know people and if you find out they are bi/gay go from there

That's probably the best i can do for now. Thanks a lot Seth! Ill just roll with it and see how things go. Thanks to everyone who's replying!

jamie_n5
July 10th, 2016, 07:47 PM
You are in a bit of a hard spot my friend. It isn't exactly widely accepted where I live either but I got by with hardly any crap from others. If people are your friends they will accept you and still be your friend. Good luck buddy.

Devinsoccer
July 10th, 2016, 08:13 PM

p.s.

Carvonius,

I know some HS in the US have gay clubs or a LGBT+ club, its mostly for supporting the LGBT, but you might find some gay people. You can also see who you like and try to make a move and see if their gay. I'm a going to be a fishie this upcomming school year, so i dont really know much about HS.

Corvonius
July 10th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Carvonius,

I know some HS in the US have gay clubs or a LGBT+ club, its mostly for supporting the LGBT, but you might find some gay people. You can also see who you like and try to make a move and see if their gay. I'm a going to be a fishie this upcomming school year, so i dont really know much about HS.

Ill look into that, thanks!

City Kid
July 12th, 2016, 03:24 AM
Relationships and Dating :arrow: Teen Sexuality and Gender

kryptonite
July 18th, 2016, 06:55 PM
Honestly, see if you can start a GLBT/allied club to meet once or twice a month after school. You don't necessarily have to have an "agenda" other than to do stuff you'd normally do, such as movies or sports or whatnot.

DoodleSnap
July 21st, 2016, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I can imagine that it's difficult to be accepted in Utah, surrounded by Mormons. But hey, the suggestions above are good - if you can make yourself open and friendly then maybe others will feel comfortable coming forward and saying hi.

Good luck.

The Byrd
July 30th, 2016, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure how likely it is but perhaps there are people who are openly gay but they just haven't made a massive deal out of it. It probably would bring no results but if you don't want to just ask someone if they're gay who you think is, just check their Facebook or something.

ska8er
July 31st, 2016, 12:28 PM
I would not walk up to some guy and ask
him if he is gay unless u want a black eye.
U have to scope out guys and c how they
act with other guys and girls and if u sense
that they have gay tendencies befriend them
and then c if u can relate-it is something that
u just don't rush into. Just b careful.