PDA

View Full Version : What was this?

Dimentio
July 10th, 2016, 10:15 AM
I've had panic attacks before, and this felt nothing like it, but yesterday, when i woke up, everything felt hazy, like, the day before, my sleep, everything was covered in a haze that i could barely remember, and throughout the whole day, i never felt hunger, i rarely ever felt any emotion, and if i did, it was just this overwhelming sense of coldness and distance, i was shaking a lot, my arms would twitch, and i felt like i was a spectator on my own body, like i was watching it move around and do things, but i was far away, and even today, that whole day is like what it felt to wake up, everything is just this soft haze, like memories are there, but they're hard to get to, and they don't even exist, it's a weird sensation haha
But today, I've had quite bad lingering depression, the day is going horribly slow, my neck is in constant pain like someone has been punching it, yeah, it's all just very weird, the only thing i can note is, the night before this all happened i went to bed insanely anxious and stressed over my cat
But I've never felt like this before, and i can't seem to figure out what it is, or why it happened, so i was wondering if maybe any of yous would know?

City Kid
July 10th, 2016, 10:37 AM
To me it sounds like you were experiencing some kind of dissociation. Just google "depersonalization" and "derealization" if you want to know more. It's relatively common for people with anxiety disorders, especially if you suffer from PTSD.

Just JT
July 10th, 2016, 10:44 AM
Why were you stressed about your cat? Sometimes when you go to bed stressed about something it can make you feel all kinds of shit for a while cause you really don't get the sleep you need

jamie_n5
July 10th, 2016, 04:46 PM
I don't know what to think about what happened to you. What City Kid said I think makes the most sense. Check out what he suggested.

Dimentio
July 10th, 2016, 04:51 PM
To me it sounds like you were experiencing some kind of dissociation. Just google "depersonalization" and "derealization" if you want to know more. It's relatively common for people with anxiety disorders, especially if you suffer from PTSD.

Thank you for letting me know, reading up on it, it seemed exactly like how i felt, and i am sure i have felt similar things in the past, i will talk to my doctor about it on Tuesday and see what she thinks haha, I'm quite annoyed that no therapist or counsellor has caught onto that before

Why were you stressed about your cat? Sometimes when you go to bed stressed about something it can make you feel all kinds of shit for a while cause you really don't get the sleep you need

She has never had an issue with collars, but suddenly in the span of 2 months she's lost 8, some days she doesn't come back till mid day, even after not eating, she's been acting a bit weird in my room, and i am just worried someone is trying to take her from me, as all signs point to it, but Roxy's my baby, she helps my depression and anxiety, she is my heart, and she means more to me than words can describe, more than anything has meant to me, and if someone took her, it would destroy me and i don't know if i can come back from it haha

Just JT
July 10th, 2016, 05:00 PM
Ok, so here's a possibility ok?
Eating? She probably hunts, and eats her prey. Also, while hunting, she might be getting her collar hung up on a branch in some bushes or something. As a result, pulling it off. You WANT this to happen. So may people think a collar should NOT be able to slip off. In fact, it it does not slip off, could injure or kill the pet by strangeling it or stuck and starve.

When I had my dog, only time he had a collar on was when I walked him on a leash, no collar.

So it may all really be good things for your cat, having fun, and doing normal cat things, and being happy.

Dimentio
July 11th, 2016, 02:26 AM
Ok, so here's a possibility ok?
Eating? She probably hunts, and eats her prey. Also, while hunting, she might be getting her collar hung up on a branch in some bushes or something. As a result, pulling it off. You WANT this to happen. So may people think a collar should NOT be able to slip off. In fact, it it does not slip off, could injure or kill the pet by strangeling it or stuck and starve.

When I had my dog, only time he had a collar on was when I walked him on a leash, no collar.

So it may all really be good things for your cat, having fun, and doing normal cat things, and being happy.

I've already thought this over, but she was more of a hunter when she was a kitten than she is now, not once did she lose a collar, suddenly it's 8 in the span of 2 months, also, i gave her one bracelet that couldn't slip off easily, nor had any sort of clip, then another one that also couldn't slip off, but had a metal hooked clasp rather than an easy pull off clip, that was off within a day too
I would believe it was just hunting and stuff, but with how often it happens, how fast it happens within a new one being put on, after having no issues with it at all, and then yes, just other random things going on with her, all evidence is pointing to what i am thinking, i have even asked my friends because they know the full details, and i just didn't want to be paranoid for no reason, and they'd never stress me out, but they'd also never lie to me, and they think something weird is going on too
So thank you for the idea, but no, it just isn't that, i know it, Roxy and i are connected and something just doesn't feel right

Just JT
July 12th, 2016, 09:01 AM
Maybe someone in your hood really likes your choice of cat collars. If someone was trying to steal your cat and be able to get close enough to take off the collar, they'd just take the cat. But they don't.....