PDA

View Full Version : Anime Recommendations?

AustinKGB
July 8th, 2016, 04:10 PM
Hey All,

I have been trying to watch more anime, but I've been having a difficult time finding material I might enjoy. The things I have watched so far include Tokyo Ghoul, Death Note, and Psychopass. Mostly darker, grittier action/mystery animes that like to throw in psychological elements. Oh, and I also watched an anime about volleyball which I really liked, but I can't remember the name.

I really want to explore title from other genres, especially slice of life, mecha, drama, and action.
If you have any animes that you really liked, whether they fit those genres or not, let me know! Why you liked them and a brief description about what they're like would be super helpful too (try to keep it free of plot or character details if possible- I like flying blind).

Thanks!

Flapjack
July 8th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Action:
Full metal alchemist brotherhood
Naruto
One piece
Fairy Tail
Berserk
One Punch Man

Drama:
My bride is a mermaid

Slice of life:
Clannad

I don't watch mecha sorry!!

DriveAlive
July 8th, 2016, 05:04 PM
Ghost in the Shell

Ratman1234
July 9th, 2016, 05:55 PM
Code geass...?
Haven't watched it but I've heard it's good

Mars
July 9th, 2016, 06:02 PM
Try Robot Carnival (small series) and Jin Roh: The Wolf Brigade (movie)

Flapjack
July 9th, 2016, 06:05 PM
Code geass...?
Haven't watched it but I've heard it's good
My friend is pestering me to watch thatXD I tried 10 eps but it wasn't for me.

Shin-Ah
August 2nd, 2016, 12:58 AM
I KNOW I KNOW *jumps up and down in her seat like a five year old who wants to pee*
for slice of life try one of my favs NICIOUJI(my ordinary life)
ahahahaha *awkward laugh because she forgot the rest*

does anyone know if corpse party has an anime?
ahahaha yup it does I just searched it up....never watched the anime but the video game was CREEPY AF pewdiepie did agame play on youtube....if you're into that

Posts merged. ~Mars

Suicune
August 2nd, 2016, 01:12 AM
If you're looking for darker, more psychological-themed anime then check out Neon Genesis Evangelion and Puella Magi Madoka Magica. They're kind of obvious choices but I enjoyed them a whole lot for what they were. It's best to go in blind, but NGE is more mecha whereas Madoka is magical-girl based.

FLCL is an excellent action show, but I wouldn't know how to begin to describe it other than that it's a short but wild ride.

Jontxu
August 19th, 2016, 04:07 AM
Attack on Titan

rynoblue
October 25th, 2016, 07:17 PM
code geass

Mars
October 25th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Please don't post in threads with two or more months of inactivity :locked: