PDA

View Full Version : Fans of Horror?

Faith Collapsing
July 7th, 2016, 10:49 PM
As a massive Stephen King/H.P Lovecraft devotee, I would like to know if there are any other fans of the literary realm of shock and horror.

thatgothgirluknow
July 7th, 2016, 11:06 PM
hello there fellow horror fan shall we fan girl over horror now?

Faith Collapsing
July 10th, 2016, 06:30 PM
That was the plan, yeah.:D

everlong
July 10th, 2016, 06:31 PM
I'm a fan of horror, though I haven't read many horror books.

Elysium
July 10th, 2016, 07:31 PM
Not my favorite genre, but I do like horror stories :P I'm currently reading a collection of short horror/disturbing stories by Joyce Carol Oates.

SethfromMI
July 10th, 2016, 10:18 PM
As a massive Stephen King/H.P Lovecraft devotee, I would like to know if there are any other fans of the literary realm of shock and horror.

I really enjoy some of Stephen King's earlier/more popular works (IT, Stand, etc.)

Faith Collapsing
July 11th, 2016, 01:25 AM
I really enjoy some of Stephen King's earlier/more popular works (IT, Stand, etc.)

Yep. I never could get into IT, something about the characters and setting kinda turned me off. Which is a shame, seeing as how that's supposed to be one of his masterworks. My personal favorite is Misery, which I guess I'm a bit biased for since it was my first.

Eric Rom
July 11th, 2016, 05:35 AM
I love to watch horror but anything gory just kills the feel.
Like I hate watching Saw. But something like Grudge, The Ring, Annabelle is good.

SethfromMI
July 11th, 2016, 08:30 AM
Yep. I never could get into IT, something about the characters and setting kinda turned me off. Which is a shame, seeing as how that's supposed to be one of his masterworks. My personal favorite is Misery, which I guess I'm a bit biased for since it was my first.

IT is spectacular (at least in my view) and would def consider it one of his masterpieces. Misery is great though too.

Faith Collapsing
July 11th, 2016, 01:19 PM
I love to watch horror but anything gory just kills the feel.
Like I hate watching Saw. But something like Grudge, The Ring, Annabelle is good.

I like psychological horror the best because if feels more real. Anything outlandish like somebody surviving being dunked in acid or getting shot in the brain 5 times just isn't right. Unless the point is to be ridiculous.

Ragle
July 12th, 2016, 03:57 AM
my dream is to become an unsuccessful writer and instead a janitor or so in a large, deserted haunted hotel, somewhere in the mountains.

TheSmokingMan
July 19th, 2016, 09:35 AM

Poe. How can one NOT like Poe? I'm cutting through his complete works. I also plan to start a Penny Dreadfuls compilation (published by Fall River) and then, sometime soon, start an H.P. Lovecraft horror compilation.
Good stuff.

ImCoolBeans
July 19th, 2016, 10:40 AM
I've only recently started to get into horror, it's not my favorite but I can definitely respect it. I just got a collectors edition of Bram Stokers original Dracula stories. Pretty stoked to read it once I finish the book I'm on now, which only has about 30 pages left in it.

Flapjack
July 19th, 2016, 01:24 PM
I do love horror when I'm with friends but it's not something I willingly put on when I'm aloneXD