PDA

View Full Version : Can I get someone to help me out?

GeneralSkrubz
July 7th, 2016, 08:16 PM
I was so afraid to post this here... I sat staring at this section, and finally here I am... At the age of 12, my best friend Sara killed hserself.. And I smile like its okay, but even hearing Sara makes me break down, I just.. how do I stop hurting... its been 6 years...

Just JT
July 7th, 2016, 09:07 PM
I don't think grief ever goes away, but I think it gets easier as time goes on. I think the closer you were with the person the longer it takes. There's no like grieving period that's set in stone, everyone grieves different.
But I do know it helps to talk about it. And this is a good place to let stuff out because it's kinda anonymous

SethfromMI
July 9th, 2016, 10:19 AM
I was so afraid to post this here... I sat staring at this section, and finally here I am... At the age of 12, my best friend Sara killed hserself.. And I smile like its okay, but even hearing Sara makes me break down, I just.. how do I stop hurting... its been 6 years...

sadly man, you might always experience some sadness/pain/grief/etc. Stuff like that can effect people forever. One of my best friends died in a drunk driving accident a couple of years ago (not his fault) and it still effects me.

Have you tried speaking to a counselor about your feelings? when stuff like this happens, it can be helpful to talk to someone. even talking to a friend or family to vent/just let out everything you have inside can be helpful.

suicide is a heartbreaking thing. I don't pretend to know what your going through :(. All I can say is don't be afraid to talk to someone and what you are feeling is natural, whether it is 1 year, 6 years, or even 40+

GeneralSkrubz
July 9th, 2016, 10:20 AM
sadly man, you might always experience some sadness/pain/grief/etc. Stuff like that can effect people forever. One of my best friends died in a drunk driving accident a couple of years ago (not his fault) and it still effects me.

Have you tried speaking to a counselor about your feelings? when stuff like this happens, it can be helpful to talk to someone. even talking to a friend or family to vent/just let out everything you have inside can be helpful.

suicide is a heartbreaking thing. I don't pretend to know what your going through :(. All I can say is don't be afraid to talk to someone and what you are feeling is natural, whether it is 1 year, 6 years, or even 40+

Thanks for replying. I hope soon I come to terms with her passing, and everything that happened, I just, have this thing for blaming myself..

SethfromMI
July 9th, 2016, 10:24 AM
Thanks for replying. I hope soon I come to terms with her passing, and everything that happened, I just, have this thing for blaming myself..

while I don't know the situation and don't expect you to tell it if you don't want to, you can't blame yourself for when someone commits suicide. there is a lot going on in suicide, but people who do it are people who sadly give up hope and don't think there will be an end to their pain. that is something which is not your fault or anyone else, including your friend.

I know it is easier said than done, but try not to live your life with that on you, because you shouldn't have to. it is one of those tragic things which you had no control over.

GeneralSkrubz
July 9th, 2016, 10:26 AM
while I don't know the situation and don't expect you to tell it if you don't want to, you can't blame yourself for when someone commits suicide. there is a lot going on in suicide, but people who do it are people who sadly give up hope and don't think there will be an end to their pain. that is something which is not your fault or anyone else, including your friend.

I know it is easier said than done, but try not to live your life with that on you, because you shouldn't have to. it is one of those tragic things which you had no control over.

Youre right. It will take a while, but thanks again man, really awesome of you to be sincere and kind c:

SethfromMI
July 9th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Youre right. It will take a while, but thanks again man, really awesome of you to be sincere and kind c:

anytime Shane, just trying to help. I am here for you if you ever need the help or even someone to vent to or whatever

GeneralSkrubz
July 9th, 2016, 10:30 AM
anytime Shane, just trying to help. I am here for you if you ever need the help or even someone to vent to or whatever

I will for sure :D Thanks again

Just JT
July 9th, 2016, 11:57 AM
As you know I'm sure, suicide affects people far more than a natural or accidental death. It's a Norma/common feeling to feel guilt when a loved one do its suicide. We feel like we failed them cause we missed a sign or a call for help. Reality is, we've list missed nothing at all. Sometimes we just need to be told that, to hear that, even if we already know it. So dont beat yourself up over something you had no control over. It was her choice. Just try and keep all the good memories of the good times you've had together.

I lost my dad to a car crash about a year and a half ago, and I miss him every day. Painful, but it does get better, just keep trying, you'll find your way through it. Like Seth was saying, maybe talking to a counselor will help. It has for me.

jamie_n5
July 9th, 2016, 04:34 PM
I don't think that the pain ever totally goes away for someone you love. I lost my little brother 13 years ago to brain cancer and a day doesn't go by that I don't think of him and miss him so much. You just have the good memories to hold on to. I hope you can cope with the loss man.

Fussik
July 11th, 2016, 05:53 AM
Wow. I guess, it really hurt bad :(