PDA

View Full Version : Confused about my sexuality

Corvonius
July 5th, 2016, 01:49 AM
First, I want to say that I'm sorry if this violates any of the rules. I'm not very familiar with them yet. Someone please tell me if it is.

So, lately I have been confused about my sexuality. I don't know if I'm gay or bi-sexual, but i definitely have an interest in other guys. I was looking at other posts to try and help me out when i came across this:

Bi-curious- One who is physically attracted to the same sex and emotionally and physically attracted to the opposite sex but unsure of their orientation. People who are bi-curious are interested in both sexes, but this does not necessarily make them bi-sexual. Bi-curiosity be a phase or a short interest about experimenting with either sex.

I would say this describes me pretty well, but a little different. I am physically and emotionally attracted to the same sex(guys), but only emotionally attracted to the opposite sex(girls). Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks guys!

drhalsey1
July 5th, 2016, 02:15 AM
Homosexual biromantic is what I think it would be defined as. Homosexual since you're sexually/physically to the same sex but biromantic since you're romantically/emotionally attracted to both sexes.

Corvonius
July 5th, 2016, 02:34 AM
Never heard of that before. Thanks!

drhalsey1
July 5th, 2016, 03:28 AM
Sorry if it ends up being wrong, I'm no expert on the extra sexuality names and such. I've heard of the different sexual and romantic attractions but I'm not certain on the names or anything

Bull
July 5th, 2016, 05:07 AM
Don't worry about a label, it is just that-a label. Follow your inner desire about establishing a sexual relationship and don't worry about it, enjoy it! Good luck.

SethfromMI
July 5th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Braydon gave a good description, but Billy is right too. no need to try to force a label on yourself.

Corvonius
July 5th, 2016, 02:59 PM
Ya, you guys are right. I tend to think about things too much. ^_^

DoodleSnap
July 6th, 2016, 09:12 PM
I went through many phases of worrying and questioning myself when I first started to realise that I liked guys, but it didn't do me any good in the end, it just made me worry.

I first thought that I much preferred girls, and only liked guys sexually, but now I prefer guys. I'm not saying that you will end up the same, but I have learned now to accept that my sexuality is a fluid thing, and that it will change over time.

My best advice is to just ignore labels for the time being, and instead just focus on getting to know yourself, and learn what you enjoy with time and experience, by keeping an open mind. If you let go of trying to put yourself into a box, and instead give yourself some time to work it out, you'll be a lot happier, I promise.

Good luck.

Just JT
July 7th, 2016, 04:09 AM
Ya, you guys are right. I tend to think about things too much. ^_^

We all have at different times and degrees, even if we won't admit it. It's apart of growing up. In the end, you'll know yiur sexual orientation when you know what you enjoy doing sexually with other people. And what ever it is, there is no wrong. We're all in a huge learning curve here so just roll with it.

Labels are good to help us determine the difference between a sugal and salt, one is salty ans one is sweat. Opposite spectrums, you may not like one of them, but together, a little of each, just the right amount of different ingredients make something you might really like. Maybe label it then.

Corvonius
July 9th, 2016, 04:53 PM
I went through many phases of worrying and questioning myself when I first started to realise that I liked guys, but it didn't do me any good in the end, it just made me worry.

I first thought that I much preferred girls, and only liked guys sexually, but now I prefer guys. I'm not saying that you will end up the same, but I have learned now to accept that my sexuality is a fluid thing, and that it will change over time.

My best advice is to just ignore labels for the time being, and instead just focus on getting to know yourself, and learn what you enjoy with time and experience, by keeping an open mind. If you let go of trying to put yourself into a box, and instead give yourself some time to work it out, you'll be a lot happier, I promise.

Good luck.

That is good advice, thanks a lot! this made things a lot clearer.

jamie_n5
July 9th, 2016, 05:03 PM
You don't state your age Brandon. I am still guessing you are in the curious experimental part of puberty. Don't worry so much what your sexuality is right now. You will know for sure when it falls in place for you down the line.

Flapjack
July 9th, 2016, 05:24 PM
First, I want to say that I'm sorry if this violates any of the rules. I'm not very familiar with them yet. Someone please tell me if it is.

So, lately I have been confused about my sexuality. I don't know if I'm gay or bi-sexual, but i definitely have an interest in other guys. I was looking at other posts to try and help me out when i came across this:

Bi-curious- One who is physically attracted to the same sex and emotionally and physically attracted to the opposite sex but unsure of their orientation. People who are bi-curious are interested in both sexes, but this does not necessarily make them bi-sexual. Bi-curiosity be a phase or a short interest about experimenting with either sex.

I would say this describes me pretty well, but a little different. I am physically and emotionally attracted to the same sex(guys), but only emotionally attracted to the opposite sex(girls). Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks guys!
http://qcmississippimud.com/blogger/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Screen-shot-2012-08-25-at-1.29.13-PM.png

Human sexuality is reallyyyy complicated buddy!! I'd say you bi-curious though:) I wouldn't worry too much about the label though, just do what you want!!:)

Corvonius
July 10th, 2016, 02:03 AM
wow, oh my goodness... lol, that is complicated. Good advice though, thanks! :)

(Flapjack's Post)

You don't state your age Brandon. I am still guessing you are in the curious experimental part of puberty. Don't worry so much what your sexuality is right now. You will know for sure when it falls in place for you down the line.

As in I should not state my age, or as in I didn't and it would be helpful? In the second case, i'm 17, in the first case, sorry!

Posts merged. Please use the "edit" or "multi quote" button next time. ~City Kid

jamie_n5
July 10th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Not a problem and I still think that you are curious but at 17 you should really know your true sexuality. I knew that I was gay at 13. Any way good luck to you.

Corvonius
July 10th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Thanks Jamie. I have known that i have an interest in guys for years, i just don't know what i think about girls. Also, its hard to experiment where i live because i live in a small, LDS heavy town. But I will keep looking into it. Thanks again!

Just JT
July 10th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Not a problem and I still think that you are curious but at 17 you should really know your true sexuality. I knew that I was gay at 13. Any way good luck to you.

Puberty for some can run into their early 20's, so figuring out your sexuality, just like puberty is different for everyone. It just depends, there's no rule that states by this age you should know this or that, some people don't realize their true sexuality till well into adulthood. I'm sure partly cause of denial but still....

Thanks Jamie. I have known that i have an interest in guys for years, i just don't know what i think about girls. Also, its hard to experiment where i live because i live in a small, LDS heavy town. But I will keep looking into it. Thanks again!

Just take your time and don't rush it, cause if you do you might miss something really cool and fun
When the right girl, or guys comes along, you'll know, it's instincts, so follow them