PDA

View Full Version : revision tips?

Flapjack
July 2nd, 2016, 05:12 AM
Heyyy guys!! I have a physics exam on Wednesday and a chemistry exam on Thursday and wondered what my friends on VT thought was the best way to revise!! I seriously suck at one of my physics papers (electrons waves and photons) so imma do every single past paper on that, what else should I do?

Endeavour
July 2nd, 2016, 09:01 AM
Heyyy guys!! I have a physics exam on Wednesday and a chemistry exam on Thursday and wondered what my friends on VT thought was the best way to revise!! I seriously suck at one of my physics papers (electrons waves and photons) so imma do every single past paper on that, what else should I do?

Hi. For my recent exams this is how I did it:

Revise one topic at a time (so let's say waves) however works for you (I'm a auditory/visual learner so I find videos quite helpful) and then do some practice questions for that topic. Make sure you mark it afterward so you know what the examiner is looking for. Also, make sure you don't spend too long on it - generally you should spend just over a minute per mark available.
Once you feel confident in all parts of the syllabus, try a past paper in full in timed conditions. Don't try to do every single past paper as that will exhaust you so much. During my revision I only did 1 biology, 1 chemistry and 1 physics.
Exam techniques in general here : highlight key parts of the question so you know what they are asking you to do. Underline the command word (describe, explain) and look at the marks available for the question so you know how much and what to write. 3 marks requires 3 points.

Hope this helps and good luck :)