PDA

View Full Version : Relapse

Dalcourt
July 1st, 2016, 11:21 PM
After staying mostly clean I had a huge relapse nearly two days ago.
I mean I got full blown high and drunk I don't even remember most of what happened.

I have been drinking alcohol again today...I haven't felt really hungover or anything...
Together with my mental problems this is a real bad mixture and I'm not sure how to make myself stay away from it.
I mean I did for no particular reason and I started again for no particular reason apart from feeling bad due to my bipolar I guess, but since my illness is something I can't make go away I dunno what to do really.

I discussed or better aruged with my Dad (he always tries do give some good arguments for staying clean while being a heavy drug addict himself) and the bad thing is that I felt really good...not necessarily about the drinking and smoking but about the loss of memory and the numbness.
I love the feeling of being in a slight trance state or whatever you want to call it.

I'm not sure how to teach my mind that this feeling isn't something to get used to again.

Sorry for the weirdness...I'm still slightly intoxicated...so yeah.

Not sure when and how I get back to normal...

Flapjack
July 2nd, 2016, 05:17 AM
I'd say the best way is to keep the alcohol out of your house:)

kylem1229
July 2nd, 2016, 10:40 AM
Take the alcohol, dump it down the sink, and throw it away. Alcohol has no health benefits at all, and actually, has lots of negative effects. If its the taste that you enjoy and cant get over it, there are non alcoholic, alcoholic tasting beverages

jamie_n5
July 2nd, 2016, 02:24 PM
Are you to a point that you think you need professional help like rehab and a doctors care?

Dalcourt
July 2nd, 2016, 04:56 PM
Are you to a point that you think you need professional help like rehab and a doctors care?

lol no... I don't I can stop I'm just mot sure if I want to.

jamie_n5
July 2nd, 2016, 05:35 PM
OK I like drinking too but no drugs

Dalcourt
July 2nd, 2016, 05:56 PM
OK I like drinking too but no drugs

yeah....I should really stop the part about drugs...it's total bullshit to use them. My Dad is battling with his drug addiction for ages...so I should be wiser and not make the same mistakes.

jamie_n5
July 4th, 2016, 10:06 PM
Please do buddy feel free to PM me or Skype me