PDA

View Full Version : Drop down menu for reporting?

Flapjack
June 30th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Heyyy!! I think I have just reported my 100th double post after my 500th not puberty related report:')

We should have a drop down menu of the most often reported rule breaches to make it faster and encourage people to report more:)

azure moonstone
June 30th, 2016, 06:00 PM
This isn't a bad idea at all, but I'm wondering if it's a bit unnecessary...(?)

Most of the time with common things that are reported, members can fill in the text box with a few simple words anyways (example - "double post" or "bump"), and if it's something you want to describe in more detail - you'd have to select "Other" and type out a reason anyways.

If there's some way where it could be justified for simplifying it more than typing a few words anyways, I would definitely be all for it.

I can never say this enough, though - we really do appreciate everyone who helps us by reporting. We do our best, but we can't see absolutely everything. You guys are so valuable to both the Staff and the forum itself. :)

Flapjack
June 30th, 2016, 06:29 PM
This isn't a bad idea at all, but I'm wondering if it's a bit unnecessary...(?)
Yeahhhhh jack is pretty anime and when he has to choose between reporting the 1000th not puberty related post or anime ya know what one he is going to pick:') Jk it is not that big a deal but it will make me truly happy!

Devinsoccer
June 30th, 2016, 06:31 PM
Heyyy!! I think I have just reported my 100th double post after my 500th not puberty related report:')

We should have a drop down menu of the most often reported rule breaches to make it faster and encourage people to report more:)

Somewhat agree, but I think just quoting the person will make it easy to report, whoever sees the report will determine what rule is being broken.

Flapjack
June 30th, 2016, 06:33 PM
It's fairly easy to report someone, because it's just a button. A drop down will make it an extra step, sure the button is small, could be made bigger, but it is still easy and efficient.
Ya know you have to write something? Which involves pressing keys and lots of effort.:')

Devinsoccer
June 30th, 2016, 06:36 PM
Ya know you have to write something? Which involves pressing keys and lots of effort.:')

True, but I type fast I don't know how other people type, I could see how a dropdown could work, but I don't want to have to scroll down to what rule is being broken, I just want to report that person who needs reporting. A quote should work for the report.

Flapjack
June 30th, 2016, 06:38 PM
True, but I type fast I don't know how other people type, I could see how a dropdown could work, but I don't want to have to scroll down to what rule is being broken, I just want to report that person who needs reporting. A quote should work for the report.
Fineee I suppose I will allow the admins to keep it as it is but also include a drop down box:P