PDA

View Full Version : Bikini Time

HannahRDuris
June 28th, 2016, 07:27 PM
So I've wanted to get a nice bikini I can wear with my parents that is not my problem though. I want to be a bikini that I can wear our that really expresses who I am. It has to be really small I have a C cup and shows that I love my self sexually. How do I break this to my parents and is this ok. Also any ideas on what to buy ( in not sure if that is allowed)

sweettayla
June 28th, 2016, 08:25 PM
What you buy is really up to you. Getting something skimpy to show off your body past your parents is another matter, good luck!

LITTLEANGEL17
June 29th, 2016, 01:49 AM
I would only wear a bikini to the beach(if not a naturist beach) and sometimes to the swimming pool even though I have only am an "A" cup, with very puffy areolas and nipples
And also when we go to the swimming pool from school we have to wear a one piece swimsuit.
So I agree with what Tayla said Hannah, hope all goes well. X

ClaraWho
June 29th, 2016, 03:35 AM
You say you want a bikini that 'really expresses who you are'.

Well skimpy bikinis send the message 'I am sexually promiscuous and easy to get sex from', rather than 'I'm confident in my sexuality' (people who are confident are modest about it). Rightly/wrongly that is how others/society will perceive you, so be aware of that.

In terms of getting it past your parents, they will want you to respect your body and be modest, so I doubt any amount of arguing will make them agree if that's how they parent.

Maybe say you'll bring a loose top to wear when not in the sea?

~ Clara

SkyClad33605
July 9th, 2016, 11:51 AM
You say you want a bikini that 'really expresses who you are'.

Well skimpy bikinis send the message 'I am sexually promiscuous and easy to get sex from', rather than 'I'm confident in my sexuality' (people who are confident are modest about it). Rightly/wrongly that is how others/society will perceive you, so be aware of that.

~ Clara

Could not disagree more. Firstly, we should not be judged by what we wear. Secondly, the amount of sex we have does not indicate that we are morally inferior. The idea that sex equals impurity or not having sex is morally pure is hateful and from a time when women were treated as property. Third, society will only perceive you that way if you allow society to do so. This is basic shaming and unhealthy. What we choose to wear is not for the enjoyment of others but for ourselves. It's how we express ourselves and if other people have unhealthy views towards sex and sexuality then I pity them.

Now, on to the OP's question. A few of my friends adopted the secret swimsuit strategy. Where they got two swim suits, one is something their parents would approve of the second is the slinkier one that they desired. They wear one out of the house and change at the beach. But, warning, one friend got busted when her mom saw a picture of her in the small bikini showed up on FB. Be careful.

Wear what you desire, and do not let the small minded shame you. Be proud. Please yourself first, if you try to please everyone you will succeed in pleasing no one.

ClaraWho
July 9th, 2016, 02:13 PM
Could not disagree more. Firstly, we should not be judged by what we wear. Secondly, the amount of sex we have does not indicate that we are morally inferior. The idea that sex equals impurity or not having sex is morally pure is hateful and from a time when women were treated as property. Third, society will only perceive you that way if you allow society to do so. This is basic shaming and unhealthy. What we choose to wear is not for the enjoyment of others but for ourselves. It's how we express ourselves and if other people have unhealthy views towards sex and sexuality then I pity them.

Wear what you desire, and do not let the small minded shame you. Be proud. Please yourself first, if you try to please everyone you will succeed in pleasing no one.

Not sure why you quoted me only to ignore most of my post and go off on a tangent.

Your post is very self-righteous but also ignores the psychology of how we think and present ourselves. A key part you missed was 'rightly/wrongly'.

She is dressing this way, in her own words, as an outward expression to others of who she is. Therefore she is very much doing it to be percieved a certain way by others. I pointed out the message she would be giving, which runs counter to the one she hopes to achieve. No opinion was expressed either way, merely an observation,

Your body has the value you give it. If you feel it's not particularly special and don't care who sees it, so be it! But I would disagree, you are unique.

~ Clara

Emerald Dream
July 16th, 2016, 07:06 PM
1. This isn't ROTW, and debating over petty junk isn't allowed here.
2. This is a help and advice forum, and being condescending towards other members is not really what we are looking to accomplish. If you don't actually have anything to add TO THE THREAD, then you probably shouldn't be posting. Let's all please cut it out.

Posts have been deleted.