PDA

View Full Version : Sox

Just JT
June 26th, 2016, 05:37 PM
I got some new sox today. The ones that don't cover yiur ankle. Their black, and a dri fit type to keep your feet more dry. But I just noticed on the top of each pair of socks, there is an "L" and an "R" on each one. I never thought of Soxs being left or rights. Did you?

Flapjack
June 26th, 2016, 05:45 PM
yeahhh they're shaped differently at the ends buddy where your toes go:)

Just JT
June 26th, 2016, 06:55 PM
Yeah I guess your right, maybe I just never noticed that before or just had some ghetto socks that didn't do that or turned them inside out idk lol!!

everlong
June 26th, 2016, 07:27 PM
As I wear my socks more and more after buying them, they stretch out where my big toe goes. That's how I've figured out which foot to put which sock in.

Just JT
June 26th, 2016, 07:31 PM
I love wearing fresh new socks!!!
But that makes sense, just never thought about it before I guess

Dalcourt
June 26th, 2016, 09:35 PM
Lots socks I have for running and other sport stuff have this left and right thing I assumed for them that they are somehow modeled to give you a better fit...otherwise I never paid attention but I don't wear socks too often except for sport shoes.

Just JT
July 30th, 2016, 05:11 PM
And I just realized why my feet felt weird today, the soxs were on the wrong feet lol!!

Flapjack
July 30th, 2016, 07:16 PM
Yeah I guess your right, maybe I just never noticed that before or just had some ghetto socks that didn't do that or turned them inside out idk lol!!
I honestly do not know how you haven't noticed that??XD I don't have r or l but like they're shaped for them feet!! Wonder if that's how people get holes in there socks?

Just JT
July 30th, 2016, 07:21 PM
I honestly do not know how you haven't noticed that??XD I don't have r or l but like they're shaped for them feet!! Wonder if that's how people get holes in there socks?

Idk, but it's like my big toe it like is soar or something, like it's been cramped, well it was, I really feel bad for my big toe now

PlasmaHam
July 30th, 2016, 09:31 PM
I have just regular socks I guess. Mine works on whatever foot I put them on, and I have big feet. But I'm not with this whole new knee high sock craze, so maybe I'm missing out on those left/right socks.

Also, did anyone else think from the title about baseball? I have never heard of anyone spelling socks as "sox." But again, I'm not trendy so what do I know?

Dalcourt
July 30th, 2016, 09:54 PM
Also, did anyone else think from the title about baseball? I have never heard of anyone spelling socks as "sox." But again, I'm not trendy so what do I know?

Lol, now that you mentioned it. I guess I'm so used to bad spelling and grammar all over the internet that my brain does automatically correct it for me.

Just JT
July 30th, 2016, 10:25 PM
I have just regular socks I guess. Mine works on whatever foot I put them on, and I have big feet. But I'm not with this whole new knee high sock craze, so maybe I'm missing out on those left/right socks.

These are t knee high sox, they just go up to the ankle, it's a new brand I've never had before. So it's kinda strange for me

Lol, now that you mentioned it. I guess I'm so used to bad spelling and grammar all over the internet that my brain does automatically correct it for me.

Sox vs socks, yeah, I think it's more like a Boston thing.....we just kinda spell it that way out of habit sometimes. I know my grammar is pretty bad, I'm working on it, hard to break lazy habits sometimes

Dalcourt
July 30th, 2016, 10:47 PM
These are t knee high sox, they just go up to the ankle, it's a new brand I've never had before. So it's kinda strange for me

Sox vs socks, yeah, I think it's more like a Boston thing.....we just kinda spell it that way out of habit sometimes. I know my grammar is pretty bad, I'm working on it, hard to break lazy habits sometimes

Lol it's okay...as I said understand it and don't care.
I don't really use much local language when talking to people from other places cuz "Yat" isn't easy to understand.

NatteDroom03
July 31st, 2016, 06:13 AM
Huh. First time I hear about socks where it matters on which foot you wear which sock. They sound great, though. :)

Bull
July 31st, 2016, 06:17 AM
Never thought about it, but makes sense, I guess.

nebula
August 2nd, 2016, 02:59 AM
Running socks have more of a tighter so I guess it's more essential to what foot you put each one in.

I just have regular socks which really present no issues regarding which foot I point them on. :P

NatteDroom03
August 2nd, 2016, 04:22 AM
I just have regular socks which really present no issues regarding which foot I point them on. :P

Same. I have a truckload of identical socks, no need to sort them, even. :P

Just JT
August 2nd, 2016, 11:26 AM
Huh. First time I hear about socks where it matters on which foot you wear which sock. They sound great, though. :)

They are a new brand my mom bought for me I've never seen before. They are very comfortable though. I never gave it any thought either

Running socks have more of a tighter so I guess it's more essential to what foot you put each one in.

I do run, so probably why she bought them for me

Same. I have a truckload of identical socks, no need to sort them, even. :P

Haha!! I use a small laundry hamper and just toss all my sox in there and just sort out a pair when I need one

NatteDroom03
August 2nd, 2016, 12:22 PM
T
Haha!! I use a small laundry hamper and just toss all my sox in there and just sort out a pair when I need one

Ah, well that comes in handy. :)

Falcons_11
September 7th, 2016, 05:09 PM
Lol it's okay...as I said understand it and don't care.
I don't really use much local language when talking to people from other places cuz "Yat" isn't easy to understand.

I understand some Yatese...like.."Where y'at"..."Who Dat"...:yeah:

Madison519
September 8th, 2016, 12:21 PM
See the R and L more and more lately. Now just need to remember which foot is which. :lol:

jxxx_z
September 13th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Never come across that... Weird