PDA

View Full Version : Why kik messenger is so popular?

Sonicomsk
June 23rd, 2016, 11:18 AM
I was wondering - why do teenagers use kik? I mean - a lot of young people use it(mostly Americans). My penpal once asked me whether I use it, a lot of people on penpal sites asked me about that too etc.
So why the hell is it so popular? As for me - telegram or whatsapp are much more convenient. Both of them have PC clients, telegram have bots and also it works even with GPRS afaik.

Jinglebottom
June 23rd, 2016, 11:26 AM
I hate kik - it's awful in my opinion. Whatsapp is superior in every single aspect.

Just JT
June 23rd, 2016, 11:39 AM
Kik is ok, I use it mainly cause so many other kids do. But I think telegram is waaaay better. But I think most are kinda weirded out by it cause you need to give up your cell number to join it. But I never had a problem with security or anything so....

Endeavour
June 23rd, 2016, 12:38 PM
I don't use it but I know a lot of people who do. I agree whatsapp is a whole lot easier :)

Flapjack
June 23rd, 2016, 01:16 PM
Am I the only one that still uses sms...xD

everlong
June 23rd, 2016, 02:53 PM
Perhaps people consider it easy to use and an alternative to giving away your phone number. I don't know, I only have one because I know people that use it.

Kacchon
June 23rd, 2016, 06:12 PM
I don't have much interest in it. I only use it when somebody sends me a message.

Dalcourt
June 23rd, 2016, 06:57 PM
I only use it cuz a lot of people I know do...the reason for its popularity is the not having to give away your phone number I guess.

lemondrop
June 24th, 2016, 09:05 AM
I use it,cuz it's simple. Also drains less internet if there's no wi-fi connection ^.^. It also has some elements of Snapchat(i use snap more often).

Paraxiom
June 24th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Simplicity is key.

Sublime Demonz
June 24th, 2016, 01:00 PM
I got it once because my girlfriend at the time wanted me to, but I never cared for the app much. It didn't interest me much and mostly just ended up getting a lot of creeps trying to talk to me. Once I got the app, my girlfriend never talked to me on it anyway and I ended up leaving her a while later, and eventually deleted the app. I don't miss it.

Kagura
June 24th, 2016, 01:28 PM
I despise Kik, too many weirdos on there. I used to use it and now I don't. Stay far away from it.

Melodic
June 24th, 2016, 03:13 PM
I have one but I rarely go on it.

I don't get the hype over the app itself, it's pretty much the same as texting.

Just JT
June 24th, 2016, 03:19 PM
I have one but I rarely go on it.

I don't get the hype over the app itself, it's pretty much the same as texting.

Your right, it is, it's just one more way to protect your identity I guess. Also I know on some messengers you can do group things. Not sure of kik can or not

Melodic
June 24th, 2016, 03:21 PM
Your right, it is, it's just one more way to protect your identity I guess. Also I know on some messengers you can do group things. Not sure of kik can or not

You can create group chats on Kik. I have no idea how but I know you can.

Kagura
June 24th, 2016, 03:22 PM

You can, actually. You can also be kicked out of them too

Skylark
June 26th, 2016, 06:46 PM
I mainly use it because other people I know use it. Whatsapp and telegram are by far superior.

Typhlosion
June 27th, 2016, 08:01 PM
I don't know. I only heard of kik because people used to put in their signatures a LOT on VT (which is not allowed btw) and moderating them :lol3:

I use WhatsApp, and almost everyone I know uses it. I don't remember if anyone used anything other than WhatsApp and the occasional skype here in Brazil.

Abhorrence
June 28th, 2016, 12:14 AM
I've only got kik to message two people, I don't use it actively and I don't give it out anymore. I mainly use WhatsApp and Facebook messenger. Primarily though, I do text people via sms and I'm actually someone who calls a lot. :P

Devinsoccer
June 28th, 2016, 12:16 AM
Probebly becuase its easy to use and its interactive.

Let Me Be a Pony
June 28th, 2016, 02:49 AM
Kik is slow af on iOS 4.

kevenity
June 28th, 2016, 12:37 PM
i use it cause my friends like group chatting there. it also uses less data.

lliam
June 28th, 2016, 01:52 PM
Am I the only one that still uses sms...xD

nah. I even don't use a smartphone.

Lukas1999
July 2nd, 2016, 01:36 PM
In my opinion Telegram is the best messenger for me. Than comes WhatsApp and after that Kik. You have to watch in the feedback sections about Kik in the different stores. There are only very strange people who wanna text with you.

Just JT
July 2nd, 2016, 06:17 PM
In my opinion Telegram is the best messenger for me. Than comes WhatsApp and after that Kik. You have to watch in the feedback sections about Kik in the different stores. There are only very strange people who wanna text with you.

I love telegram to!!
What do you mean by strange people wanting to text?

Ranpo
July 2nd, 2016, 10:18 PM
I thought KIK was a troll message board.

Lukas1999
July 2nd, 2016, 11:03 PM
I thought that too, Ranpo. There are some people who wanna do a sexchat.

Ranpo
July 2nd, 2016, 11:59 PM
Everytime I get some ladies trying to con me into those type of conversations, I describe in detail a sand paper and chili fetish and they block me immediately.

Kagura
July 3rd, 2016, 12:40 AM
Everytime I get some ladies trying to con me into those type of conversations, I describe in detail a sand paper and chili fetish and they block me immediately.

I one time had this random dude tell me to send him a dirty pic. I sent him a picture of a woman covered in mud :lol:

Lukas1999
July 3rd, 2016, 12:29 PM
Or stuff like "Say dirty things to me!' Kitchen, bath, living room....

Hideous
July 3rd, 2016, 01:01 PM
Me: hey
Boy: do you have kik? ;)

One of the reasons why I don't use kik. So I use WhatsApp or LINE instead :P

LINE is a bit too much with their UI but WhatsApp is by far my favorite.

Ranpo
July 3rd, 2016, 04:07 PM
I one time had this random dude tell me to send him a dirty pic. I sent him a picture of a woman covered in mud :lol:

That's great. 😂

Darkslidex7
July 9th, 2016, 03:34 PM
I dislike kik very much, I used to use it because my internet "friends" had them, I deleted it because, well... spam, I prefer Whatsapp muuuuch more

ZacTheZebra
July 11th, 2016, 02:00 AM
Im going to be straight up, Kids are horny lil shites and love nudes. kik is perfect for it and most adults dont know what it is so, Its perfect. Hope this gave an insight.

datboijoey
December 10th, 2016, 11:26 AM
It's super easy to use plus it does group chats.

Amethyst Rose
December 10th, 2016, 01:04 PM
It's super easy to use plus it does group chats.

Please don't post in threads with 2+ months of inactivity. :locked: