PDA

View Full Version : Age and gender in university thing ;w;

Remora
June 18th, 2016, 01:38 PM
i'm very happy to say i passed my senior year and am eager to continue education next year, but there's two things that are upsetting me!

i'm going to take four years of nursing classes. very exited because i think nurse is my dream job ;D

but there's two things that leave me uncertain and a lil spooked, to say the least- i'm both one of very little males (about 6 males and 80 females) and i'm very likely going to be the youngest there (i'll still be 16 when we start in September). I've run into issues with being young and male at the place i work rather often and i'm really scared the same will happen during the classes and/or the career in the future.

What should i do? how do i prepare myself? is this even an issue at all?? it's making me, uh, rather nervous to say the least.

Just JT
June 18th, 2016, 02:27 PM
I had to read that a couple times to really j defeated it, and wow!!
Yeah, that sounds like difficult man....idk, I'll be 16 in September myself and I can't say I'm anywhere near ready for college

But what kinda problems have you run into at work like this? Just trying to understand better, maybe it'll help me get an idea...

Endeavour
June 19th, 2016, 05:06 AM
So you're 16 and you're already going to uni?

Flapjack
June 19th, 2016, 05:24 AM
i'm very happy to say i passed my senior year and am eager to continue education next year, but there's two things that are upsetting me!

i'm going to take four years of nursing classes. very exited because i think nurse is my dream job ;D

but there's two things that leave me uncertain and a lil spooked, to say the least- i'm both one of very little males (about 6 males and 80 females) and i'm very likely going to be the youngest there (i'll still be 16 when we start in September). I've run into issues with being young and male at the place i work rather often and i'm really scared the same will happen during the classes and/or the career in the future.

What should i do? how do i prepare myself? is this even an issue at all?? it's making me, uh, rather nervous to say the least.
It's not that big a deal buddy don't worry:)

Meron
June 19th, 2016, 06:19 AM
Just keep to yourself and don't get into beef.

Typhlosion
June 19th, 2016, 07:04 AM
Heya :)

Getting into college by the age of 16 is uncommon, but it isn't unheard of. I was friends with a guy who entered that early in college back in 2014. It never bothered him, but I must say: people that aren't of age in college are looking forward to it. Most people will be older into their adult life and may have different views than you. They might want to hang out at a pub or spend the night drinking, or doing other crazier things, and they might put a bit of pressure on you to do so. Go with the harmless, nerdier group :P

Bull
June 19th, 2016, 10:18 AM
When I got to university I was classified as a third year student, so was a good bit younger than everyone in my classes. I just kept my mouth shut and observed the behavior of classmates, who mostly had been in class together for two years, for a couple of months until I made some acquaintances and began to be accepted into the group. After that it was smooth sailing. So I would say to not be too worried, it will all work out.
Good luck in your chosen profession, one of important service to society!

Sasha M
June 20th, 2016, 07:43 PM
My math teacher last year went to university at age 14 and started teaching kids in high school older then him.