PDA

View Full Version : Social drinker friends

SillyPecker
June 18th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Hey.. I'm not certain if I really am a social drinker... When I was in grade 9 I was very depressed about not having friends and such... I invited a matric over so we could make a deal of some computer data trade... He said he wanted to take me for a spin... I said sure... Then in the car he gave me advice I would never forget.. About the meaning of life.. He always seemed like this cool person who is not mean to me.. I asked him if he'd buy me a drink if I gave him the money... He said sure...

The day came, he picked me up with his car and I gave him the money.. He bought some.. We went back to my home open and talked.... About life, the meaning and purpose of it... Whitch I loved

I became addicted to these conversations and to his friendship.
I refuse to look at alcohol if I'm not with anyone

How could I tell this to him... I'm too afraid I'll make things weird between us. I really don't want to loose my friends..

zack.zack
June 20th, 2016, 07:46 AM
If he is your friend then your honesty with with him should be received well and he should be understanding, but if he reacts differently, then he may not have been the friend you thought he was to begin with

jamie_n5
June 29th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Yeah just talk to him about it. He seems to be an honest and understanding guy so trust him with your feelings.

Glis25
August 3rd, 2016, 07:56 PM
If he is ur friend he should accept you for who you are and not judge you for being yourself

SillyPecker
August 4th, 2016, 11:48 AM
If he is ur friend he should accept you for who you are and not judge you for being yourself

Yes thankyou

RallyingPoint
August 4th, 2016, 05:03 PM
If he is your friend then your honesty with with him should be received well and he should be understanding, but if he reacts differently, then he may not have been the friend you thought he was to begin with

So I agree with the above reply. I think he's very special to you and it makes sense that if you drink with him, you associate alcohol with him. But keep in mind, going out for drinks with others (when you get older) is always an option for making friends.

Lastly, don't be afraid to say how you feel.