PDA

View Full Version : Feeling depressed

WhoWhatWhen
June 17th, 2016, 04:35 AM
Lately, I've been feeling down. I feel like I have no one to talk to. I try to talk to my best friend, but she always interrupts me or ignores me and talks about her date she had recently or some boy she has been talking to. And everyone in my family is too busy to talk to me. Every day I'm saying less and less because no one cares about what I have to say and it's making me feel like crap. Halp :(

Flapjack
June 17th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Lately, I've been feeling down. I feel like I have no one to talk to. I try to talk to my best friend, but she always interrupts me or ignores me and talks about her date she had recently or some boy she has been talking to. And everyone in my family is too busy to talk to me. Every day I'm saying less and less because no one cares about what I have to say and it's making me feel like crap. Halp :(
well there are plenty of friends to make on here buddy:) try not to be too hard on your friend- she is probably just excited and wants to share it with you because she loves you:)

Zachary G
June 17th, 2016, 11:05 AM
Unfortunately sometimes it can get that way, people getting so wrapped up in themselves that they forget that you might have problems of your own that you want to talk about. If you cant find a sympathetic ear in your friend or family, the next best thing is maybe calling one of those teen hotlines (if the have them where you live -- youll have to check online), they say they are there to help and especially if you are feeling depressed, I would recommend you finding someone because if you keep going deeper into your depression you begin to think not so good thoughts. Seek out someone, for your own peace of mind.

Endeavour
June 22nd, 2016, 02:45 PM
Hi there WhoWhatWhen

You have two excellent answers above to refer to, but I would just like to add some points. I totally agree with Zack's point above about calling a teen hotline (for example, Childline in the UK - 0800 1111). There is a list here (link) (http://www.childhelplineinternational.org/where-we-work/) to see any helplines for this country. It will definitely help talking to someone, in some cases a child line representative who is completely separate from the events may offer you a different point of view, like they have with myself when I have contacted them. Also, if your 'friend' keeps interrupting you and keeps bragging about her date (that's what it sounds like to me ) then she isn't really a friend at all. Try broadening your horizons and meet new people, and they may help you to take your mind of things, as they will listen to you.