PDA

View Full Version : Long lost song.

Kegie24
June 16th, 2016, 02:45 AM
Hey! Is there any song that you heard once and you loved it but can't find it anywhere to download it from or hear it from again? I had lot many such songs but don't remember the name of the song. Just a tune. One I remember and it goes something like, I miss you, like the desserts miss the rains. Anyone heard of it?

azure moonstone
June 16th, 2016, 03:57 AM
That would be "Missing" by Everything But The Girl.

This happens to me every once in awhile. I usually have a good memory when it comes to music, but sometimes I need to do a search online for a song.

Kagura
June 16th, 2016, 04:49 AM
It was this one tecno song I head in an AMV. Unfortunately I never got the song title and video was long removed, so... :(

Human
June 16th, 2016, 01:02 PM
There was this song I heard back in around 2008-2010 around the time Black and Gold by Sam Sparrow was released, it was like a disco tune I think, it was in a red and purple lit club, kind of a strip club but they were wearing animal masks and engaging in general decadence like cocaine in the bathrooms. I've been trying to find the song since, I've got loads of suggestions but none have been correct.
I was almost certain it was that song by Moby and also the song by Gym Class Heroes but they have incredibly similar music videos just slightly different to my memory

everlong
June 17th, 2016, 03:58 PM
That's happened to me a few times but I'm usually able to find it with my amazing searching skills.

Kegie24
July 20th, 2016, 02:25 AM
Good to hear that it's not just me. I've got so many of them and the worst part is, I don't even know the lyrics of it. My mom used to play this cassette when I was young, and I used to love every song from it. It was this non stop party mix from the 80's I guess. I've been searching everywhere for the songs, but managed to find only two. One was Baltimora's Tarzan boy and the other Brother Loui.. Hope I find the other songs too. I remember one of them was this postman song by a female singer, but when I searched online, I found many others but not it.. Discovered that it was originally sung by the Beatles.

Typhlosion
July 26th, 2016, 11:59 PM
Quite a few times I remember of the album's cover but not the name of the author. I end up crusading years worth of Youtube history just to find it! Last one I lost was Prurient - Palm Tree Corpse that I wanted to show to my girlfriend.

Sublime Demonz
July 27th, 2016, 12:02 AM
There was this song I heard during chamber choir once, it sounded old timey but I have no idea if it was actually an old song or if it was just made to sound that way. It was really catchy and had a lot of unique sounds in it, but I wasn't able to get any of the lyrics and I couldn't find it online after hours of searching.

Jericho14
July 27th, 2016, 02:49 AM
Yes especially those songs from 2009, That's where i started watching MTV, Channel V etc.

I've been searching songs from that year lately