PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars KotOR 2 help needed...

Stronk Serb
June 15th, 2016, 08:38 PM
So I reinstalled the thing after God knows when, started playing and everything went smoothly. Then I encounter something that enrages me. As I was doing side stuff on Nar Shadaa, the Red Eclipse boards your ship yadda yadda yadda, you fight them off and stuff, so then the encounter for Visas happens and I spawn dead in the cutscene. I tried editing the save for full health but to no avail. Anyone has any help because my last save is 6-8 hours older and I don't want to play through the whole beggining again.

Also, I tried loking for the thing and couldn't find it elsewhere.

Cygnus
June 15th, 2016, 08:52 PM
Bad news, both KotOR games have several absolutely game destroying bugs like that, all of them encountered on extremely rare occasions. If you have it on Steam the best you can do is verify the integrity of the game cache through the properties menu but I doubt it will help. I remember in the first KotOR I had a similar thing where upon entering the Tatooine Dune Sea the game would freeze and force a restart.

I didn't encounter the glitch again after several playthroughs in different platforms, so if you start the game from your last save it really shouldn't happen again.

Take this as a lesson of separating save files as well. I'm sorry for your loss.

Stronk Serb
June 16th, 2016, 02:54 AM
Bad news, both KotOR games have several absolutely game destroying bugs like that, all of them encountered on extremely rare occasions. If you have it on Steam the best you can do is verify the integrity of the game cache through the properties menu but I doubt it will help. I remember in the first KotOR I had a similar thing where upon entering the Tatooine Dune Sea the game would freeze and force a restart.

I didn't encounter the glitch again after several playthroughs in different platforms, so if you start the game from your last save it really shouldn't happen again.

Take this as a lesson of separating save files as well. I'm sorry for your loss.

I never really had any problems in KotOR I, but KotOR II was riddled with bugs, glitches, unfinishable questlines etc. Thankfully there is a restored content mod I got.

Cygnus
June 16th, 2016, 05:01 AM
I never really had any problems in KotOR I, but KotOR II was riddled with bugs, glitches, unfinishable questlines etc. Thankfully there is a restored content mod I got.

KotOR II is straight up incomplete and you can tell by how the main storyline feels rushed near the end. The devs were short in time and therefore released a game that was lacking more than just a storyline but also several game-breaking bugs.

Stronk Serb
June 16th, 2016, 02:18 PM
KotOR II is straight up incomplete and you can tell by how the main storyline feels rushed near the end. The devs were short in time and therefore released a game that was lacking more than just a storyline but also several game-breaking bugs.

I got The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification (TSLRCM), the storyline is mostly fixed, you actually enter the HK factory, you also get finishable quests and more stuff to level up. They also added a planet of robots mod where you find Master Vash, instead of finding her dead on Korriban. I am sort of sad how short the Korriban playthrough is, just a few history lessons from KotOR I, a confrontation in the academy and the exploration of the Tomb of Ludo Kressh. They could've added at least the Dreshae settlement in ruins or functional, with some Revan-era Sith remnants or people just trying to survive. In the initial game, no matter how much I try, I only turn Atton and the Handmaiden/Micah into Jedi, literally before the game's end.