PDA

View Full Version : Led Zeppelin being sued

Just JT
June 15th, 2016, 04:44 AM
Saw this on the new yesterday. Seems Zeppelin is being sued for copyrights or what ever over the use of the opening of "stairway to heaven".
Seems it may have been originally written by another band and published before Led Zeppelin did stairway to heaven. They sound very similar, weird, after all this time?

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-is-led-zeppelin-being-sued-2016-4

Cadanance00
June 15th, 2016, 10:20 AM
My parents weren't even born then. WTF?

kissban
June 15th, 2016, 10:30 AM
money, money, money :/

everlong
June 15th, 2016, 02:18 PM
I guess they sound kind of similar, but I don't hear it exactly. However, I'm not always the best at picking up things like that. God damn that song is over 40 years old, I wouldn't expect this to happen now.

BlackParadePixie
June 15th, 2016, 05:18 PM
They do sound similar...but not EXACTLY the same. I dunno...I like Led Zeppelin, but they do kind of have a reputation for ripping off alot of old blues guitarists and not giving credit.

Just JT
June 15th, 2016, 09:54 PM
I never heard them doing that kinda stuff, but I guess I wouldn't put it past them either. Yeah it's kinda an old school band but not like....oldies outa style or anything...

Kacchon
June 15th, 2016, 10:43 PM
And they're just now being sued? Surprising. This is old news to me; Led Zeppelin's basically a cover band.

Just JT
June 16th, 2016, 04:37 AM
And they're just now being sued? Surprising. This is old news to me; Led Zeppelin's basically a cover band.

Yeah it is kinda weird after ll these years, idk, maybe the longer they waited the more cash Zeppelin made so the bigger the law suit?

And Led Zeppelin is not a cover band. Yeah, their old, old school classic rock, wrote many classic rock songs, a sound quite distinct. I'm surprised more people haven't heard of them more. I've been growing up with this kinda stuff. Mainly cause my dad loved it but still.....epic band