PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about when going to sleep?

The Boom
June 14th, 2016, 11:51 PM
Often I'm too anxious to go to sleep. I'v been wondering for a long time, what do people think about when going to sleep? What can possibly be both relaxing and stimulating your brain?

Moriya
June 15th, 2016, 02:19 AM
Usually my brain tends to focus on how I might die tonight. To curve those, I think of story ideas, and this usually works.

Just JT
June 15th, 2016, 04:27 AM
I used to like always think about bad things, always dwell on past abuse stuff. Which always happened at bed time. Or so it seemed. There was many night, weeks on end I'd just not sleep. Other than maybe a couple hours. I was afraid to. Sometimes I still am. I take meds to go to sleep. Without them i don't sleep. I with it wasn't like that, it can be like addicting. But I do need my sleep. Some day, I'll be able to work past it and maybe get off the bedtime meds and sleep normal like most people

My thoughts I have get my brain so active, so busy, my body will getball tight, can't relax, I'll cut ally break a swears thinking of stuff from my past and trying to avoid it. I just need to get those thoughts outs my mind. I usually can't. It's cause of PTSD.

BrokenWingedPegasus
June 15th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Well, if my day goes well (Extremely rare occasions!) I'll sleep rather well too. If not, I have a very stressful night, sometimes a bit difficult to concentrate on sleeping. And the problem is just remembering one sentence or thought, just seeing one thing related to what I hate, and I start getting stressed out. And that tends to happen not only in the day, but also when I'm about to sleep. I try sleeping but I just want to do something else or I have bad thoughts in my head.

Meron
June 15th, 2016, 08:52 AM
I think about my issues and how to solve them pretty much. Or think about plans I made for the future.

SethfromMI
June 15th, 2016, 08:59 AM
a lot of times just different stuff on my mind.what I have to do as I try to tell my brain to clam down and go to sleep

The Boom
June 15th, 2016, 09:17 AM
Usually my brain tends to focus on how I might die tonight. To curve those, I think of story ideas, and this usually works.

I am so glad it happens with you too! I thought I was alone with that one... I don't know why but I tend to think a lot about death before going to sleep...