PDA

View Full Version : Too anxious to sleep...

The Boom
June 14th, 2016, 11:42 PM
I just had this fight with my dad, again. I have anxiety problems permantly. One of the most dangerous times of the day is the moment before I go to sleep. Because I mustn't be doing anything and just rest, it bothers me SO MUCH! What do people normally think of when going to sleep (actually I'm gonna write another thread about that)? It easily takes up to 3 hours before I go to sleep! So for a couple of years already I've been taking Melatonin. This "medicine" helps reduce the time I need to go asleep a lot. That's where my father comes in. He's frustrated because I've become independent of this stuff (not physically). He thinks taking pills for the rest of my life is wrong. But, that's what I wanna do! I've been consulting different psychologists and I'm tired of these useless therapies. Should I listen to my father or should I keep the pills?

Just JT
June 15th, 2016, 03:57 AM
Melatonin isn't really like a medicine. It's a natural ingredient that your body uses to help sleep among other things. It's good for your body. I've tried it before, doesn't do anything for myself. Somi take lorazapam.

Ask him if you can try that? 2 full Meg's at bedtime, that'll helpya sleep, if he a
Ready hates you taking meds orally, he'll hate lorazapam just as much and it'll work better.