PDA

View Full Version : Best science related job?

BrokenWingedPegasus
June 14th, 2016, 12:37 PM
I think this fits here. I really enjoy biology, especially on human body, and I wouldn't mind finding cures or explaining things we didn't know yet in my career, but I don't like medicine. (I don't mind investigating things for medicine I guess, but I don't want to be a doctor.)
What would you people recommend for a job that's easier to get in?

Flapjack
June 14th, 2016, 12:56 PM
I think this fits here. I really enjoy biology, especially on human body, and I wouldn't mind finding cures or explaining things we didn't know yet in my career, but I don't like medicine. (I don't mind investigating things for medicine I guess, but I don't want to be a doctor.)
What would you people recommend for a job that's easier to get in?
Do you like bio chemistry buddy?

Endeavour
June 14th, 2016, 12:58 PM
Rock55 ,

Hey there Tiago :),

Science is a really difficult career to get into , but there are lots of different paths you can follow; you'll definitely find one that is suited for you.

This website (link) (http://university.which.co.uk/a-level-explorer/) is more geared toward choosing A level (a UK qualification) and a university course, but I think it should still be quite useful in looking at careers. All you need to do is type in 3 subjects you're interested in and might want to take further (for example, Biology like you said) and it comes up with certain uni courses that could lead on to your eventual career.

Hope this helps :)

BrokenWingedPegasus
June 14th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Do you like bio chemistry buddy?
I don't really like chemistry that much, I prefer just biology, but thanks!

Rock55 ,

Hey there Tiago :),

Science is a really difficult career to get into , but there are lots of different paths you can follow; you'll definitely find one that is suited for you.

This website (link) (http://university.which.co.uk/a-level-explorer/) is more geared toward choosing A level (a UK qualification) and a university course, but I think it should still be quite useful in looking at careers. All you need to do is type in 3 subjects you're interested in and might want to take further (for example, Biology like you said) and it comes up with certain uni courses that could lead on to your eventual career.

Hope this helps :)

I think it helped a little, yes. I'm a bit inclined to go to physiology or something of that sort, though I need to know more stuff about those courses where I live. Thanks anyway! :)

Oops, I accidentally made two posts. Can the mods merge the posts or something? Sorry.

-not a problem. -Emerald Dream

Endeavour
June 14th, 2016, 03:25 PM
I think it helped a little, yes. I'm a bit inclined to go to physiology or something of that sort, though I need to know more stuff about those courses where I live. Thanks anyway! :)

Well you're only 15 so you've got a few years to think about it :)

Flapjack
June 14th, 2016, 03:26 PM
I don't really like chemistry that much, I prefer just biology, but thanks!
Maybe zoology or marine biology? I warn you though there are not many jobs in those fields! Also, if you don't like biochem, check out stuff like respiration first because you'll have to learn a lot of stuff like that.:)

BrokenWingedPegasus
June 14th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Maybe zoology or marine biology? I warn you though there are not many jobs in those fields! Also, if you don't like biochem, check out stuff like respiration first because you'll have to learn a lot of stuff like that.:)

I'm thinking of some area for investigation of problems, how things work, etc.

Well you're only 15 so you've got a few years to think about it :)

Yeah, though I've skipped one year of school (1st to 3rd) so I'm a year ahead than most people at 15. :) But I'll think about it, I just have to decide in 2 years if everything goes as planned!

Flapjack
June 14th, 2016, 04:42 PM
I'm thinking of some area for investigation of problems, how things work, etc.

I can think of a few my friend but all are very biochem heavy!

BrokenWingedPegasus
June 14th, 2016, 04:44 PM
I can think of a few my friend but all are very biochem heavy!

Well, I think I can try biochem things still. Biology is very interesting for me while Chemistry is 'meh', that's why I was a bit against it. Thanks :)