PDA

View Full Version : Summer health hazards

Cadanance00
June 13th, 2016, 02:46 PM
1. (at least around here) Dehydration. Can be insidious. If you're out in hot weather, keep track of the water you're drinking and make sure it's enough. If your urine is dark yellow or you haven't urinated in a few hours you need water.

2. Mosquitos. West Nile virus here. A number of people have died of it here in the last few years. Use repellent and long sleeve shirts and long pants where possible. Reports of Dengue fever, too, farther south, but moving north.

3 Poisonous plants. Know how to recognize poison ivy. It's no fun.

Just JT
June 14th, 2016, 06:41 AM
I'd imagine more kids drown in the summer than other months because we're swimming more

Periphery
June 14th, 2016, 09:19 AM
1. (at least around here) Dehydration. Can be insidious. If you're out in hot weather, keep track of the water you're drinking and make sure it's enough. If your urine is dark yellow or you haven't urinated in a few hours you need water.

2. Mosquitos. West Nile virus here. A number of people have died of it here in the last few years. Use repellent and long sleeve shirts and long pants where possible. Reports of Dengue fever, too, farther south, but moving north.

3 Poisonous plants. Know how to recognize poison ivy. It's no fun.

Well you did forget sunburn which is something I think you need everywhere. I got my fucking arms torched last week so yeah.

everlong
June 14th, 2016, 04:39 PM
Fuck mosquitos

Cadanance00
June 14th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Fuck mosquitos

They'll fuck you good!

I had west nile 2 years ago and it it's no fun!

everlong
June 14th, 2016, 04:52 PM
They'll fuck you good!

I had west nile 2 years ago and it it's no fun!

I'm so sorry

BrokenWingedPegasus
June 14th, 2016, 05:00 PM
I drink lots of water so that's fine, but mosquitos can be more of a problem when I'm sleeping. And I don't get that many sunburns cause when I go to the beach I go really protected.

Cadanance00
June 14th, 2016, 08:41 PM
I'm so sorry

I'm long over it. It was like a case of flu for about 2 weeks. Mosquitos *smack*.

jamie_n5
July 22nd, 2016, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the good advice. Sorry that you got sick and glad you made a complete recovery.