PDA

View Full Version : Wounds

The Boom
June 12th, 2016, 07:49 PM
What is the worst wound you ever had and how did it happen? Mine is when I put my finger on the motor of a lawn mower and burnt it real bad. I had a bubble of skin filled with white liquid right on my finger....

Flapjack
June 12th, 2016, 08:02 PM
What is the worst wound you ever had and how did it happen? Mine is when I put my finger on the motor of a lawn mower and burnt it real bad. I had a bubble of skin filled with white liquid right on my finger....
I am pretty sure that's good for a worst injuryXD I don't think I have ever been injured more than I cut?? I have had my tonsils out though.

Sailor Mars
June 12th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Sports and Fitness :arrow: VT General Hospital

StoppingTom
June 12th, 2016, 09:06 PM
Oh BOY
•When I was little, my older sister slammed a door on my finger and it chopped the tip of it off, it got reattached but there's a visible scar and my fingertip is slightly smaller than the rest of my finger
•A week later, I pulled a kettle of boiling water off the stove and it burned my entire body
•In football camp, we had three practices a day in the blistering heat. I had a huge blood blister that the trainers told me not to pop. On the final play of practice, I landed on that foot, and the blister popped+tore all the skin off a portion of my foot, I needed fake skin and antibiotics.

everlong
June 12th, 2016, 09:31 PM
I was pushed off my porch and landed on a pot, leaving a big hole in my leg.

BlackParadePixie
June 13th, 2016, 07:06 PM
tore my ACL playing soccer

SpicyCurryyy
June 13th, 2016, 07:16 PM
I fell of a skateboard (with a helmet) and my glasses shattered and cut my eyebrow. 6 stitches on the outside of the cut and 6 stitches on the inside.

Michael75
June 13th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Came off a motocrosser hard last summer, slit my leg open on a bolt. Just above my kneecap on my thigh. 4 inches across, 1 inch wide, could see my bone. 14 stiches, 9 inside and 5 outside. So yeah, go motorbikes. They're fucking mega.

BrokenWingedPegasus
June 14th, 2016, 04:49 PM
I've cracked my head when I was really young, and I've feel lots of times and made huge bruises on my knees and sometimes lower legs, with quite some bleeding, not to mention that they take many weeks to get away. I actually have wounds on my knees right now, and I made them like a month ago, they're not cured yet, and still hurt if I touch something with my knees. That is tame compared to what some people went through here, though.

Just JT
June 14th, 2016, 05:52 PM
Think my worst was about 6 weeks ago. Got into it with 3 other kids who thought they could get me to so stuff I didn't wana do.

Ended up with 4 fracked ribs, couple broken knuckles, about 40 stitches in different parts of my body, and a concussion.
Spent a few nights in the hospital. Wasn't to cool. Later I was told I had PCS or post concussion syndrome. I've had a few already which didn't help. Right now I'm told I can't do anything physical that I really enjoy out of fear of reimbursing my head. And that really sucks, because most things I like to do, almost all require a helmet. And just because of that, I can't take the risk.

Microcosm
June 14th, 2016, 09:13 PM
Quick trigger warning for those who don't like vivid descriptions of blood.

I was playing basketball and my friend and I had the goal set low because we were trying to dunk. I'm too short to have the goal at a normal height.:P

Anyways, I went up really fast, dunked it properly, then landed on the ground. I looked down and there was blood running all down my leg like a red waterfall. Apparently, the middle of my lower leg had scraped right against a certain fairly sharp part of the goal support. The weird thing was that it didn't hurt that bad; it only stung. I imagine that's because it severely if not permanently damaged the feelings receptors on my skin where it contacted(I can still barely feel on the scar). I remember vividly that just after I realized I was bleeding, I looked up at my friend and said something like "hey look, I'm bleeding" with such a matter-of-factness of voice that it was like a dream.

I imagine that's what it would be liked to get stabbed in the neck or something: perfect clarity before death.

Matryoshkasystem
June 16th, 2016, 10:43 PM
Warning very gross stuff

Accidentally? Tripping and tearing the skin off-or at least ripped it up-on both my knees, surprising thing, you wouldn't ever know it happened unless I told you. Cause their is no scar.
Purposeful wounds, I have one on my back across my shoulder blade from a hear surgery-plan on getting a tattoo on the opposite one of a wing-. Then there is one on my leg-was near my gentials-, from a surgery to my heart-they went in any way they could-. Then on my chest, a scar straight down for a heart surgery, two on my stomach-one for them putting a pacemaker in and out-, a string of them on my stomach from stitches...for some reason related to my heart surgery, then one near my shoulder b,Ade for my most recent pacemaker. Though there might've been loads more, had something sticking out of my neck, and stomach at one point filtering blood-reason I was getting a surgery, well still getting mixed but not as bad. Though in my body, could be some in my throat-had a thing stuck down my throats a lot to breathe, hurt my throat, made my voice nasally- and on my heart-took too much tissue out-.

sweettayla
June 30th, 2016, 03:58 AM
Came off a motocrosser hard last summer, slit my leg open on a bolt. Just above my kneecap on my thigh. 4 inches across, 1 inch wide, could see my bone. 14 stiches, 9 inside and 5 outside. So yeah, go motorbikes. They're fucking mega.
Nice work! The worst l've had so far is a broken collarbone, l had my arm in a sling for 5 weeks.

Just JT
June 30th, 2016, 04:11 AM
RandomPanda that's a lota surgeries bro, like a lot.'id be interested I learning more if your ok with it. just not here, maybe another thread or something, but it's cool if you don't wana, is just interesting is all

Valentine_
June 30th, 2016, 07:37 AM
Broke my arm when I was little, fell from the teeter. And did something to my nose, don't know if I broke it, I was to little but I fell down the stairs with the bike.

Barbara.
June 30th, 2016, 07:41 AM
Fell and broke my wrist and had surgery to remove a bone before it could be casted.

ethan-s
June 30th, 2016, 02:17 PM
slamming my finger in a door when i was young. I had to wear a splint for about a month.

Matryoshkasystem
June 30th, 2016, 09:00 PM
Just JT Sure, I'm okay with it.

Michael75
July 1st, 2016, 10:12 AM
Nice work! The worst l've had so far is a broken collarbone, l had my arm in a sling for 5 weeks.

Lucky enough I've never broken any bones! (touch wood:confused:) but yeah I've slit the leg open as I've said. The scar hasn't faded at all, I hope it doesn't, great for the women! :lol:

sweettayla
July 1st, 2016, 08:16 PM
Lucky enough I've never broken any bones! (touch wood:confused:) but yeah I've slit the leg open as I've said. The scar hasn't faded at all, I hope it doesn't, great for the women! :lol:
Haha, are you working on the ''chicks dig scars'' theory?

Michael75
July 1st, 2016, 08:44 PM
Haha, are you working on the ''chicks dig scars'' theory?

Of course :lol: Motorbikes, scuba diving, scars... That theory is legit my friend

Devinsoccer
July 1st, 2016, 09:35 PM

I split my chin open, twice, not fun. On top of that, I had two cuncussion in the matter of 6 months.

Just JT
July 1st, 2016, 09:48 PM
I split my chin open, twice, not fun. On top of that, I had two cuncussion in the matter of 6 months.

Concussions, no joke bro, I'm like the concussion king lol!!
That's bad shit, protect your head at all times, all costs, now you had a couple, rein jury during recovery is really easy. Lasting non reversible effects....

Devinsoccer
July 1st, 2016, 09:52 PM
Concussions, no joke bro, I'm like the concussion king lol!!
That's bad shit, protect your head at all times, all costs, now you had a couple, rein jury during recovery is really easy. Lasting non reversible effects....

Yea I know. The first one was a trip, and I fell like a cartoon character, and for the other one I got kicked in the face while diving for the ball in goal.

Dalcourt
July 1st, 2016, 10:00 PM
I couldn't say what's the worst wounds were I ever had...I had a couple of broken bones, hit my head really bad when I was 4 - I had a concussion there, too I was told- I have serveral scars littering my arms and legs and to be honest I sometimes even don't remember the accidents to them...
My best scar is a huge scar on my throat it looks like someone tried to kill me but it's just from a surgery I had as a kid.
Another really nasty deep scar is on my right hand...I cut myself accidently with a knife during cooking when I was about 12 or so.
And now I guess I get a nice burn scar on my right arm...cuz I burnt myself on the hot oven a few hours ago...it still stings a little and looks like it will produce an ugly scar, awesome.

sweettayla
July 2nd, 2016, 03:33 AM
Of course :lol: Motorbikes, scuba diving, scars... That theory is legit my friend

Whatever works for you.
What other outdoorsy stuff do you do?

Michael75
July 2nd, 2016, 07:47 AM
Whatever works for you.
What other outdoorsy stuff do you do?

Well I ride bikes as you know, I also scuba dive, I mountain bike the odd time with my cousin. I hunt as well

sweettayla
July 2nd, 2016, 11:50 AM
Ok, my dad owns a farm and we have a nature conservation area right next door, that's kinda like a playground for my brother and me on our dirt bikes. There's a couple of pretty big lakes on it so we do heaps of water skiing when there's been enough rain.
What do you hunt? Foxes, rabbits, Emus and Kangaroos are the main vermin here and there's feral pigs in some forest areas.

nebula
July 2nd, 2016, 01:06 PM
Since I'm very very careful, I usually never seem to do more than bruise or sprain my wrists a couple of times. I've almost broken my neck many times before I hit double digits if that counts xD