PDA

View Full Version : summer camp

sdavid54321
June 10th, 2016, 05:28 PM
anyone going to summer camp?

i am going in a couple weeks

Microcosm
June 10th, 2016, 05:50 PM
I've actually never been to one. They sound really fun, though. Have you ever gone before? If so, did you make any long-lasting friendships there?

sdavid54321
June 11th, 2016, 10:28 AM
I've actually never been to one. They sound really fun, though. Have you ever gone before? If so, did you make any long-lasting friendships there?

no this is my first time going

SethfromMI
June 11th, 2016, 10:31 AM
I used to go to sports camps and stuff, but now that I am out of high school no. still want to go camping with friends this summer and stuff

Endeavour
June 11th, 2016, 04:14 PM
There not really a thing here in the UK, but if offered the chance I wouldn't really want to go. It just doesn't seem like something I'll enjoy.

everlong
June 11th, 2016, 06:35 PM
I've only been to summer camp once and I hated it

Falcons_11
June 24th, 2016, 08:42 PM
I'm not going to summer camp this year. I had gone in the previous 3 years. I just want to hang out with friends this summer rather than go to summer camps.

Valentine_
June 25th, 2016, 03:44 AM
I have been once, two years ago. It was great, I met few friends but I don't talk with them to often.

Bull
June 25th, 2016, 06:55 AM

I did that when I was younger: church camp, sports camp. I always had a lot of fun. Hope you have a great experience.

Flapjack
June 26th, 2016, 06:26 PM
They don't have these where I'm from:( Probably too old anyways.

Barbara.
June 26th, 2016, 06:28 PM
Never been to one, but hoping to go to one someday.

Just JT
June 26th, 2016, 06:39 PM
Dude they are soooo much fuuuun!!!!!
I had a great chance last summer to go to one but blew it big time lol!!!
But I'm trying really hard to get into the same one this summer, still waiting to hear about it
But I've never been, but hear it's a blaaaaast!!!

If your going, dude, tell us about it cause I'm sure we all wana know

pconnor2001
June 26th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Summer camp is great fun.

Just JT
June 26th, 2016, 07:34 PM
This one I was guna go last summer, was an all boys camp, for like 3 weeks. Might of been to long of a time away for me then. Idk about now lol!!

Stay in cabins, had archery, rifle range, sports, was on a lake, could get life saving certified, take boats out, think even get boater safety and hunter safety to. If yiur of a certain age some kids go off on a hiking camp for a few days, stay in tents, fish for your food and stuff. Sounded so awesome!!

sdavid54321
July 1st, 2016, 04:38 PM
This one I was guna go last summer, was an all boys camp, for like 3 weeks. Might of been to long of a time away for me then. Idk about now lol!!

Stay in cabins, had archery, rifle range, sports, was on a lake, could get life saving certified, take boats out, think even get boater safety and hunter safety to. If yiur of a certain age some kids go off on a hiking camp for a few days, stay in tents, fish for your food and stuff. Sounded so awesome!!

i am going to all boys camp too but only for a week

Devinsoccer
July 1st, 2016, 04:41 PM

I'm going to a summer camp in Orlando in a few weeks I'm excited because its about soccer. I hope you have fun and be safe!(How do you have fun and be safe)

zzzzzzzzzz
July 1st, 2016, 04:44 PM
I've never been to one. As long as you know people it will help. I hope you enjoy it

Just JT
July 1st, 2016, 05:14 PM
i am going to all boys camp too but only for a week

Hey David, I'm kinda reading into you might be a little nervous or something maybe?

sdavid54321
July 1st, 2016, 06:41 PM
Hey David, I'm kinda reading into you might be a little nervous or something maybe?

yea kindof i dont know many of the boys that are going

nekid
July 1st, 2016, 07:02 PM

What kind of camp are you going to? Remember the other boys are there for the same reason so you all have something in common and maybe that will help you be more comfortable with everyone.

sdavid54321
July 1st, 2016, 07:05 PM
What kind of camp are you going to? Remember the other boys are there for the same reason so you all have something in common and maybe that will help you be more comfortable with everyone.

its with boy scouts i just joined like a few months ago i have not made many friends there yet

nekid
July 1st, 2016, 07:11 PM
its with boy scouts i just joined like a few months ago i have not made many friends there yet

I have friends in the Boy Scouts and they love going to camp. They say it's really fun and they meet new kids every year and have a great time. Sometimes I wish I belonged when they come home and tell me how much fun they had. I bet you have a great time!

sdavid54321
July 1st, 2016, 07:15 PM
I have friends in the Boy Scouts and they love going to camp. They say it's really fun and they meet new kids every year and have a great time. Sometimes I wish I belonged when they come home and tell me how much fun they had. I bet you have a great time!

cool thanks i hope so too i am kind of nervous idk if they will make us shower while we r there

Just JT
July 1st, 2016, 08:18 PM

Well I e never had the chance myself, but I remember my friends going. I remember they were all a little nervous their first year to. Some cause they didn't know anyone, or worried about showeing/changing stuff. But I also remember them coming home and tellIng me all about the awesome time they had and all the friends they made there. And when I asked them about what ever made them nervous, they just said it didn't matter in the end. Cause so many felt the same way and they got past it. And they always went back the next year.

Just saw the last few post, Boy Scout I hear are the best camps. All boys, and I don't mean that like a sexual way either, just seems really cool, just guys and all

Cadanance00
July 2nd, 2016, 08:57 AM
@JT You might be too old for Boy Scouts, I think Explorers is the org for us old folks.

The orgs have good camps. Some of the guys here go to 4-H camp tho we're suburban and others go to Y camp, which I hear is good.

Just JT
July 2nd, 2016, 10:18 AM
@JT You might be too old for Boy Scouts, I think Explorers is the org for us old folks.

The orgs have good camps. Some of the guys here go to 4-H camp tho we're suburban and others go to Y camp, which I hear is good.

I think your right, I wasn't really looking into it, but think I woulda when I was younger if wa could of. I think it's one of those things you should start younger so when your older you already know some of the stuff your supposed to know. I think it sounds awesome, think I'd of loved it.

I'm f I'm able to go this summer, I'll be going to church camp. It sounds kinda corny and all but when talking to some friends at church they say it's the best time ever

sdavid54321
July 17th, 2016, 01:03 PM
ok i am back from camp and it was awesome!! we went swimming in the lake and canoing and stuff i had a lot of fun

Just JT
July 17th, 2016, 01:46 PM
That's awesome Dave, I'm glad, sounds like a outa fun!!!

MMDcurious
July 17th, 2016, 05:16 PM
ok i am back from camp and it was awesome!! we went swimming in the lake and canoing and stuff i had a lot of fun

Cool, I just got back from camping today !

Just JT
July 17th, 2016, 07:57 PM

Cool, I just got back from camping today !

It's a good thread sdavid54321 said he'd tell me all about it, still waiting!! Lol!!

MMDcurious I'd love to hear about your camp to, it sounds like a blast....

ZKS142002
September 21st, 2016, 01:18 PM
I went to camp last summer it was great. I hear it gets better as you get older though. Younger boys still get teased a lot :-/

LITTLEANGEL17
September 25th, 2016, 09:23 AM
I have never been to a summer camp but would like to they sound fun :yes:

JenniferMaust
October 13th, 2016, 01:01 AM
Its fun going to a camp.

LITTLEANGEL17
October 13th, 2016, 02:58 AM
Its fun going to a camp.

Its good to hear you enjoy going to summer camp and also its FUN :yes:
Take Care Jennifer X

Cori
October 13th, 2016, 09:03 AM
Been to summer camps when I was younger, like from 6-12... always loved it. Was fun :)

Muddy Sneakers
November 19th, 2016, 09:52 PM
when i was younger, as a camper, and then one summer as a junior counselor. It was amazing, my favorite summers.

beachdude
February 1st, 2017, 10:49 AM

Hi David! Yea, I went to scout camp a bunch of times an always loved it! The lake, rifle range, archery, overnight hikes were all awesome. Couldn't wait until summer camp came around. We also went camping in the winter too, which also was cool. Camping in the snow is the best, no bugs! :yeah:

you can stay in the boy scouts until you're 18

Phosphene
February 1st, 2017, 06:16 PM
Hi David! Yea, I went to scout camp a bunch of times an always loved it! The lake, rifle range, archery, overnight hikes were all awesome. Couldn't wait until summer camp came around. We also went camping in the winter too, which also was cool. Camping in the snow is the best, no bugs! :yeah:

you can stay in the boy scouts until you're 18

Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for 2 months or more. :locked: