PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations

Amethyst Rose
June 9th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Does anyone have recommendations for books that are dark, sinister, or involve blood and are erotic?

everlong
June 9th, 2016, 06:52 PM
It's not very gory but I'm currently reading a book called "Breathe" by Anne-Sophie Brasme and I really like it.

Elysium
June 9th, 2016, 06:58 PM
I don't really read erotica, but if you're looking for some really dark, depressing, twisted stuff:
An Untamed State by Roxane Gay
Pet Sematary by Stephen King (or anything else by Stephen King, really)
World War Z by Max Brooks
Go Ask Alice
Room by Emma Donoghue
A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah
Beloved by Toni Morrison
A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer (the first in a trilogy)

Some I have yet to read, but sound like they might fit your description:
War Child: A Child Soldier's Story by Emmanuel Jal
Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman
A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard
Sold by Patricia McCormick
Dandelion on My Pillow, Butcher Knife Beneath: The true story of an amazing family that lived with and loved kids who killed by Beth Thomas
American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis
Misery by Stephen King (again, probably anything by Stephen King)

I don't read much in that genre, so some of these are a bit of a stretch. But let me know if you want any more information or anything like that.

Setasailforparadise
June 13th, 2016, 07:29 AM
If you like poetry you have to read William Blake's Songs of Innocence and Experience.

Space Delta
June 15th, 2016, 05:57 AM
Well these are not entirely erotic, but they're definitely thrillers, full of blood, sacrifice, honor and things of that nature:

* The Devil's Alternative and The Odessa File by Frederick Forsyth
* Angels and Demons, The Da Vinci Code, Inferno, Deception Point by Dan Brown
* Memories of Midnight by Sidney Sheldon
* Tuesday's War by David Fiddimore (its an entire series, this is the first book)

Amethyst Rose
June 27th, 2016, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the suggestions!
Elysium: I am in the middle of Misery atm, good read. I'll say no more about it to avoid giving spoilers, as you said you have yet to read it!!

Elysium
June 28th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the suggestions!
Elysium: I am in the middle of Misery atm, good read. I'll say no more about it to avoid giving spoilers, as you said you have yet to read it!!
I actually know the storyline pretty well, since I saw it performed as a play. That's what made me want to read it! Also, since I made that post, I have read A Stolen Life and it's a good read - pretty quick and definitely messed up in a lot of ways. Fascinating in how unbelievable it is. Let me know if you read anything else that you like, I'm always receptive to book recommendations :)

Amethyst Rose
June 28th, 2016, 11:46 AM
I actually know the storyline pretty well, since I saw it performed as a play. That's what made me want to read it! Also, since I made that post, I have read A Stolen Life and it's a good read - pretty quick and definitely messed up in a lot of ways. Fascinating in how unbelievable it is. Let me know if you read anything else that you like, I'm always receptive to book recommendations :)

Oh awesome! I want to see the movie after I finish the book. And ok, that will be my next stop! :)

Moriya
June 28th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Carlton Mellick III. His books should fill your criteria.

TheSmokingMan
July 13th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Does anyone have recommendations for books that are dark, sinister, or involve blood and are erotic?

Not really.
But you could let me know if you find something ;)

Amethyst Rose
July 13th, 2016, 09:50 PM
Not really.
But you could let me know if you find something ;)

You got it :D

TheSmokingMan
July 13th, 2016, 09:52 PM
You got it :D

:D ;) :P:metal: :yeah:

Faith Collapsing
July 20th, 2016, 11:46 PM

What a criteria! One of my favorite books that fits the impressive list put out is Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman. One of the finest collections of short stories EVER. I recommend nearly every story in there.

Eric Rom
June 2nd, 2017, 04:11 AM
Off the top of my head, I can think of "Sick Things: An Anthology of Extreme Creature Horror" That's quite something you'd want to read.
If you want some other books like classics, fiction, etc. head over to Bartleby (http://www.bartleby.com/) and read.

Amethyst Rose
June 2nd, 2017, 09:25 AM
Off the top of my head, I can think of "Sick Things: An Anthology of Extreme Creature Horror" That's quite something you'd want to read.
If you want some other books like classics, fiction, etc. head over to Bartleby (http://www.bartleby.com/) and read.

Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for 2 months or longer. :locked: