PDA

View Full Version : For those that lift!

Flapjack
June 9th, 2016, 10:59 AM
When do you decide it is time to put some more weight on your dumbbell/ barbell?

I normally go up 2kg when my arm is am no longer exhausted at the end of 10 reps with the dumbbell. Don't use the barbell too much.

Just JT
June 9th, 2016, 11:05 AM
That sounds about right. I usually do 3 reps of 7 or 8 depending on how I feel. Short break in between. If at the end of the set I feel I could go more, I add 5-10 lbs next time. I always wana complete my set, and feel like I almost can't do anymore, but not push so hard I get hurt

Mars
June 9th, 2016, 11:12 AM
Do it until the weight isn't strenuous, then you add more. If your not accustomed to the weight and you move on, you don't progress like that. So you gotta get used to the weight until it's really easy to lift and then u can add more

Flapjack
June 9th, 2016, 11:41 AM
Do it until the weight isn't strenuous, then you add more. If your not accustomed to the weight and you move on, you don't progress like that. So you gotta get used to the weight until it's really easy to lift and then u can add more
Suppose it depends on why you're lifting, that sounds like it would be best for someone that needs the strength for a sport whereas I am doing it to build muscle mass:)
That sounds about right. I usually do 3 reps of 7 or 8 depending on how I feel. Short break in between. If at the end of the set I feel I could go more, I add 5-10 lbs next time. I always wana complete my set, and feel like I almost can't do anymore, but not push so hard I get hurt

Yeah this sounds good:) I am so bad at pushing myself, I have literally just pulled a tendon in my lower armXD

Just JT
June 9th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Suppose it depends on why you're lifting, that sounds like it would

Yeah this sounds good:) I am so bad at pushing myself, I have literally just pulled a tendon in my lower armXD

It does depend on what your goal is. It it building body mass, endurance, or just general Heath and fitness. But if you've been injured, anyone who knows is guna tell you don't lift till your healed.

And once your I to it, that really sucks, like I'm a runner, haven't been able to run for like a month and a half. So when I get back to it, it's like starting over almost. So let yourself heal ok?

Mars
September 16th, 2016, 07:51 PM
Dont post in threads with 2 or more months of inactivity :locked: