PDA

View Full Version : Chinese

Matryoshkasystem
June 8th, 2016, 05:50 PM
I'm going to be learning Chinese next year, only year I will be, unless I choose not too. Thing is I'm wondering, how hard is it to learn. Cause the next year I'm learning French, which I'm split on. Any tips on learning it, and some of the rules in it. I want to try and get an head start in it, since I don't know if its an actual teacher there, or something else.

Flapjack
June 9th, 2016, 11:46 AM
I'm going to be learning Chinese next year, only year I will be, unless I choose not too. Thing is I'm wondering, how hard is it to learn. Cause the next year I'm learning French, which I'm split on. Any tips on learning it, and some of the rules in it. I want to try and get an head start in it, since I don't know if its an actual teacher there, or something else.
It will be seriously hard! It is one of the worlds hardest languages and to make things worse, you must study french. If I was you I would drop the idea untill university. With any luck your uni will have a program that helps people learn languages.

Meron
June 9th, 2016, 12:22 PM
Its one of the hardest languages so I dunno how will you be able to learn it or what will you use it for.

Try applying what you learn and gain some motivation by various ways.

volatile_knight
June 22nd, 2016, 06:21 PM
Oh chinese is very hard to learn and even though its my native language I hate learning it and im falling behind my friends (lol) and you can learn the basics but as you progress you will find that it gets much harder to learn ( thats why I started disliking chinese when I was 13 ) but if u really have the passion to do it and feel it will help in your life, just learn it :)

jamie_n5
July 10th, 2016, 08:19 PM
Wow Chinese is tough. You have to understand all those crazy symbols and things that the Chinese language uses. I hope that you can handle it. I think I would stick with French. Good luck.

Jinglebottom
July 10th, 2016, 08:29 PM
Mandarin Chinese doesn't have an alphabet, the thought of having to learn tens of thousands of symbols to be considered even somewhat literate is enough to put me off. But good luck to you.