PDA

View Full Version : D in Spanish 2!

kevenity
June 8th, 2016, 05:37 PM
So today i took my Spanish 2 final exam and i failed it. I walked in the class before the final with a C - 75% I really thought I did well on the test but it completely dropped my grade to a D - 68% I'm so disappointed in myself and there's nothing i can do to raise it anymore. Last semester I earned a B but I've been lacking this semester. I haven't recieved a D since 7th grade. Spanish has always been really hard for me and i understand many words and vocabulary but i cant form sentences well nor seem to put the right "imperfect, irregular, preterite' verbs. My other classes are all As and Bs so my fear is that this ruined my GPA and I won't get accepted to the college of my choice. I'm supposed to be taking Spanish 3 next school year, but I forgot whether or not a D is a passing grade in Spanish 2. What do i do? do i retake the class again? speak to our school counselor?
Foreign Language is a 2 year requirement but if i take Spanish 3 which will make it 3 years of foreign language and pass it, does that count as the 2 years i needed to pass foreign language or no? ):

Microcosm
June 10th, 2016, 12:52 AM
kevenity

I would think it would count as two years. Also, isn't a D a passing grade?

Definitely talk to your counselor. He or she can usually provide accurate advice. If you're worried about GPA, you could perhaps see if your school offers credit advancement during the summer or you could try to see if they'll allow you to take extra classes next school year.

Best of luck.

kevenity
June 10th, 2016, 09:20 AM
Microcosm
Where I live you can only pass with a C or higher. That rule was added to the school district requirements two years ago but I've heard they've taken that off since it wasn't going well, but I'm still confused whether or not its off. Thanks I'll talk to the counselor today bc she was absent yesterday.