PDA

View Full Version : Bad Summer

PhandomMember
June 8th, 2016, 04:31 PM
I've been stressed out lately. Summer just started a couple weeks ago, and my parents never take me out to do anything. Yes, I do go help grocery shopping, but that is something I do all the time. I want to do something fun this summer. Like, going on little vacation, have my friends over who I haven't seen in a few months, or just go out as a family. I can't handle being cooped up, as it makes me irritated, which annoys my parents. But they only care about money and their granddaughter. My birthday is coming up too, and they haven't even asked me anything or talked about it. I need help.

BrokenWingedPegasus
June 8th, 2016, 04:34 PM
Well, I kind of know how you feel since I never go anywhere during the summer. Have you tried talking to your parents about it? Maybe they want to do some kind of birthday surprise?

Flapjack
June 9th, 2016, 12:37 PM
I've been stressed out lately. Summer just started a couple weeks ago, and my parents never take me out to do anything. Yes, I do go help grocery shopping, but that is something I do all the time. I want to do something fun this summer. Like, going on little vacation, have my friends over who I haven't seen in a few months, or just go out as a family. I can't handle being cooped up, as it makes me irritated, which annoys my parents. But they only care about money and their granddaughter. My birthday is coming up too, and they haven't even asked me anything or talked about it. I need help.
This sucks!! Try to be understanding of your parents though:) Why do you need money to see friends?

Just JT
June 9th, 2016, 12:56 PM
Well they might not have the cash to do some of the things you wana do. So maybe suggest stuff that doesn't cost much or anything at all. Like if you live near the ocean or a lake, spend a day there having fun.
Are they able to get a day off together? Sometimes that might be a problems to

Microcosm
June 13th, 2016, 09:44 AM
PhandomMember,

You could look for an alternative to traveling that is still fun. For instance, you could try stargazing. That is something you can do right in your backyard if you really wanted to.

A couple of things to consider:
-It depends on where you live. For example, if there is a lake nearby, that could be a fun, cheap excursion.
-Whether you are of driving age. If you're licensed to drive, you can go wherever.
-Try considering it from your parents' perspectives. Maybe they have some good reason not to go, or maybe they're just tired and want to take the Summer to sit around or something.

It's all very dependent on factors that we don't know and only you know, so I hope this post can be both a wake up call and a guideline for you to start exploring those considerations if you have not already done so.