PDA

View Full Version : laptops

Hinchy
June 8th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Heading to University next year (hopefully) and need to get a decent laptop. Probably gonna be used a lot for gaming as that's just what i do. Any suggestions? Not completely sure what my price range is gonna be for it

jdhud024
June 8th, 2016, 08:25 PM
http://store.asus.com/us/item/201510AM170008064/A18486

This has decent specs and is more portable than the rest of Asus's gaming line. Asus is a really good brand, and if I didn't have a MacBook Pro I would have an Asus laptop.

Microcosm
June 10th, 2016, 01:39 AM
I don't personally have one, but the Microsoft Surface seems to be reliable by most standards. I imagine the note-taking pen feature would be quite useful when taking notes for uni.

Lukas1999
June 16th, 2016, 03:16 PM
I can only refer to the reply from Microcosm. The Microsoft Surface is a beautiful peace of hardware. I want to by one for myself if my Android Tablet gets broken.

Flapjack
June 16th, 2016, 03:21 PM
I don't personally have one, but the Microsoft Surface seems to be reliable by most standards. I imagine the note-taking pen feature would be quite useful when taking notes for uni.
Noooo they're disgusting!!! They are glorified tablets with the computing power of a potato.... unless you but the top ones in which case you get the computing power of a broccoli. They're also so awkward to use!

Microcosm
June 16th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Noooo they're disgusting!!! They are glorified tablets with the computing power of a potato.... unless you but the top ones in which case you get the computing power of a broccoli. They're also so awkward to use!

A friend of mine had one. The 500 or so dollar models have pretty good Intel processors. The RT is obviously crap but the newer ones aren't more expensive than a laptop and honestly don't seem that bad.

The pen feature works exceedingly well from what I have seen.

Flapjack
June 17th, 2016, 12:55 AM
A friend of mine had one. The 500 or so dollar models have pretty good Intel processors. The RT is obviously crap but the newer ones aren't more expensive than a laptop and honestly don't seem that bad.

The pen feature works exceedingly well from what I have seen.
Maybe I'm old fashioned but I like my stuff to be either a tablet or a laptop, I think too much has to be sacrificed to have both.

MakeItRain
June 17th, 2016, 01:34 AM
Get a mac laptop is the best

Flapjack
June 17th, 2016, 10:25 AM
Get a mac laptop is the best
please be a trollXD

Zachary G
June 17th, 2016, 11:29 AM
http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-17/pd.aspx
I have played with Alienware before and they were pretty good for gaming, a bit on the pricey side, but ideal for gaming.

Flapjack
June 17th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Heading to University next year (hopefully) and need to get a decent laptop. Probably gonna be used a lot for gaming as that's just what i do. Any suggestions? Not completely sure what my price range is gonna be for it
A powerful gaming laptop will be real big, heavy and pump out tones of heat.

Sasha M
June 20th, 2016, 07:58 PM
http://store.asus.com/us/item/201510AM170008064/A18486

This has decent specs and is more portable than the rest of Asus's gaming line. Asus is a really good brand, and if I didn't have a MacBook Pro I would have an Asus laptop.

Literally the only good suggestion in this entire thread.