June 6th, 2016, 11:45 PM
Does anyone surf here?

BlackParadePixie
June 7th, 2016, 07:00 PM
I've tried a few times...it's hard!!

kyrocks03
June 7th, 2016, 10:03 PM
I've tried a few times...it's hard!!

Practice makes perfect! Surfing is the source.

sdavid54321
June 9th, 2016, 05:50 PM
i have not tried surfing but i have gone boogie boarding

nekid
June 11th, 2016, 09:49 AM
i have not tried surfing but i have gone boogie boarding

I've gone boogie boarding too. Waves aren't high enough at the beach I go to for surfing unless there is a storm. Then I've seen some surfers. Would like to try it sometime

kyrocks03
June 16th, 2016, 11:50 AM
I've gone boogie boarding too. Waves aren't high enough at the beach I go to for surfing unless there is a storm. Then I've seen some surfers. Would like to try it sometime

To surf all you really need is 2-3 foot waves. I prefer them to be what I had in Torquay where I lived before to be around 6-8 feet, can do lots of tricks and just go on for ages.

Dyri_14
June 23rd, 2016, 09:58 AM
i pratice surf... :)

Anonymous2002
June 23rd, 2016, 12:16 PM
Does anyone surf here?

I have before ;3 I'm horrible at it, i got pulled into a rip and you would think the waves push you towards shore but the water is all pulled in and so are you. I also when really shallow got hit by a wave fell over and smacked my rib cage into the board and i couldn't move for a bit, I much prefer just jumping in the waves and love jumping up so i go up with the wave a pose to getting slapped by it.

everlong
June 23rd, 2016, 02:55 PM
I never have, but I'd like to at least try it once.

kyrocks03
June 28th, 2016, 10:24 AM
I have before ;3 I'm horrible at it, i got pulled into a rip and you would think the waves push you towards shore but the water is all pulled in and so are you. I also when really shallow got hit by a wave fell over and smacked my rib cage into the board and i couldn't move for a bit, I much prefer just jumping in the waves and love jumping up so i go up with the wave a pose to getting slapped by it.

That definitely happens. I've been banged up a few times surfing when I was in over my head on bigger waves. One time I was in a curl and lost my balance and totally got trashed and was hit so hard by my board that I couldn't breath and I had to be pulled out, but being the whack job I am and because I love it so much I got right back at it. But yeah, riptides can be really dangerous.

dbfordateam
June 28th, 2016, 02:08 PM
I surfed when was really young and was decent, I tried it again but it took me two days just to be able to stand back up on the board.

kyrocks03
June 29th, 2016, 08:21 AM
I surfed when was really young and was decent, I tried it again but it took me two days just to be able to stand back up on the board.

Its because your center of gravity is higher because you grew. When I was surfing every day and would watch the pros from the surf shop teach people, they did a lot of dry land training and concentrated on getting up on the board and proper footing and balance before even going into the water. It's all about landing your feet at the same time and being perfectly balanced.

pjones
July 3rd, 2016, 06:14 PM
people surf here but you need a wet suit because of the stones in close. it looks like fun but haven't tried it.