PDA

View Full Version : Missing "Home"

kyrocks03
June 5th, 2016, 06:05 PM
Sometimes, like today, I'll get really sad because I miss Australia so much. I was born there and we lived just about 100km from Melbourne in a small town with a big heart. I miss everything about it, but mostly the ocean, the waves, and most of all being able to surf when ever I wanted.

I was showing a friend some videos of surfing today and I happened on this which really made me sad because like my dad always, "Ky here, he grew up in the water".

It's been two years, but I don't think I'll ever get over leaving there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ozl-ud1zTo

BrokenWingedPegasus
June 6th, 2016, 08:23 AM
Sometimes, like today, I'll get really sad because I miss Australia so much. I was born there and we lived just about 100km from Melbourne in a small town with a big heart. I miss everything about it, but mostly the ocean, the waves, and most of all being able to surf when ever I wanted.

I was showing a friend some videos of surfing today and I happened on this which really made me sad because like my dad always, "Ky here, he grew up in the water".

It's been two years, but I don't think I'll ever get over leaving there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ozl-ud1zTo

I understand how you feel. I kinda feel the same for past memories of when I was younger, before depression and realizing the bad things of the world, even if I never moved. Maybe you should try to find a way to do more water activities, go to beaches, etc? Or maybe you don't get the chance to do any of those?

kevenity
June 6th, 2016, 03:05 PM
Its very tough moving away from home. Idk where you live now but is there a beach or anything that is closesly related to anything you did back in Australia? Dont dread the new home you have now. You're going to have to make something out of it. Hope you feel better!!

kyrocks03
June 6th, 2016, 11:38 PM
I do feel better about this, but ya I live in Canada now and am near the great lakes, but its not the Pacific Ocean and it's surfing I miss the most!

HououinKiyoma
June 6th, 2016, 11:45 PM
Try something else, like cycling or hiking. It just might work!

Dark_Desires
June 8th, 2016, 04:24 AM
I can understand how you feel.I moved from South Australia to Queensland and i honestly miss home so much that i'm tempted to risk being Homeless just to go back but that is for various other reasons.

If you can maybe ask your dad if in the Holidays you can take a road trip to the coast and go Surfing somewhere.I know it mite not be the same but it could
be a nice experience and it could help.

Just JT
June 8th, 2016, 04:53 AM
That is a big change bro, but the Great Lakes?
That's like a whole new world there!
Ever try water skiing or wake boaeding?
Even barfootin' is pretty cool
Give them a try, may not make you feel like all whole again, but may feel somewhat better

kyrocks03
June 8th, 2016, 11:05 PM
That is a big change bro, but the Great Lakes?
That's like a whole new world there!
Ever try water skiing or wake boaeding?
Even barfootin' is pretty cool
Give them a try, may not make you feel like all whole again, but may feel somewhat better

I spend a lot of time on the water, and I definitely barefoot! It's the surfing that I miss, and you don't get that on the Great Lakes.

Just JT
June 9th, 2016, 09:42 AM
Yeah, well that's a difference I'm sure. But, water is water I guess, it's not salt water with waves, but you can still have fun in it can't you?