PDA

View Full Version : What phone?

Ratman1234
June 5th, 2016, 04:35 AM
Hi. I'm going to get a new phone soon and I'm not sure which one to choose. I've always had budget phones before this so this is going to be the first really good phone that I'm going to get and I want it to last me ages so I want to choose the right one. For me it's between the Huawei p9 and the Samsung galaxy s7. I want one with a really great camera and I've heard that the s7 had a better one that the p9. I've used other people's S4s before and I didn't really like the galaxy interface as I found that it wasn't completely android or Google and had other weird things on it and that it takes a long time for a software update to come through. But I'm not sure if the p9 will last me ages. So what do you think I should get? And are there any other phones which I haven't considered?
Thanks

Bull
June 5th, 2016, 05:55 AM
Phone technology changes rapidly, so one that will last ages will be out of date in a couple of years. I like my iPhone better than the Samsung I had before.

Ratman1234
June 5th, 2016, 06:52 AM
Phone technology changes rapidly, so one that will last ages will be out of date in a couple of years. I like my iPhone better than the Samsung I had before.

Yh I get what you mean but I want something for like three years. iPhones are really good but they're not really for me

Plane And Simple
June 5th, 2016, 07:17 AM
I recommend something within the J or A series. They're great value for money and a J7/A7 won't disappoint. They're a bit lower on specs than the S7 but theyre really worth the price

Flapjack
June 5th, 2016, 09:02 AM
Hi. I'm going to get a new phone soon and I'm not sure which one to choose. I've always had budget phones before this so this is going to be the first really good phone that I'm going to get and I want it to last me ages so I want to choose the right one. For me it's between the Huawei p9 and the Samsung galaxy s7. I want one with a really great camera and I've heard that the s7 had a better one that the p9. I've used other people's S4s before and I didn't really like the galaxy interface as I found that it wasn't completely android or Google and had other weird things on it and that it takes a long time for a software update to come through. But I'm not sure if the p9 will last me ages. So what do you think I should get? And are there any other phones which I haven't considered?
Thanks
Samsung s7 all the way buddy:) The S4 is well old now, I have the S6 and it's a niceeee phone.

kevenity
June 5th, 2016, 06:59 PM
Between those two phones, I'd go with the S7 i had a samsung before i switched to iphone and it was a positive experience so the S7 is no doubt much better now.

Melodic
June 5th, 2016, 07:05 PM
I've heard nothing but amazing things about the galaxy. I'd definitely switch to that.

SpicyCurryyy
June 19th, 2016, 10:06 AM
If you want a more powerful phone, I would go for the galaxy. iPhones aren't as powerful, but they are definitely more user friendly and they are the more universally used smartphone.

Endeavour
June 19th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Galaxy phones rule! :D

Typhlosion
June 19th, 2016, 12:58 PM
DON'T get my phone, the LG L90. Full of stock glitches. But it's low-end anyways *shrug*

Flapjack
June 19th, 2016, 01:07 PM
DON'T get my phone, the LG L90. Full of stock glitches. But it's low-end anyways *shrug*
This suprised me, I've always had good experiences with LG phones!!!

Typhlosion
June 19th, 2016, 01:09 PM
This suprised me, I've always had good experiences with LG phones!!!

My phone, every once in a while, thinks I'm pressing the screen somewhere where I'm not. I have to restart the phone and stop whatever I was doing. I know that this is not something on my end because I've had two phones of this damn same model :hmm:

Uranus
June 19th, 2016, 04:48 PM
I would go with Samsung. I had a budget Samsung, and it was very durable and doesn't mess up at all. The other brand seems more sketchy. Although I am not too impressed with the s7. Its not bad at all, but I know Samsung can do better. The iPhone 6s is a very nice phone imo, although it is iOS and not Android, so It's a little different. And it does have a very nice camera

jdhud024
June 20th, 2016, 12:54 PM
My phone, every once in a while, thinks I'm pressing the screen somewhere where I'm not. I have to restart the phone and stop whatever I was doing. I know that this is not something on my end because I've had two phones of this damn same model :hmm:

Meanwhile my LG G3 has been swimming twice and down a flight of concrete stairs with no case and still works perfectly fine, no glitches, cracked screens, or anything, even on CyanogenMod 13 nightlies.

jules1309
June 27th, 2016, 08:00 AM
Out of the choices you've given, I would HIGHLY recommend the Galaxy S7. You may have not liked the interface of the S4, also known as Touchwiz, but it has come so far in terms of usability and design. It is clean-cut, vibrant and appealing to the user (well, to me) and includes many useful features that I continue to use everyday. For your information, I use a Galaxy Note 4, which has the old interface (still newer than the S4) but I use a Google Launcher. The S7 has one of the most solid and best mobile cameras on the market with gorgeous quality and saturation, making your pictures pop. Samsung has also been working hard on it's software updates and is pushing security updates every month (without a carrier.) However if you are on a carrier such as AT&T it may take a while.

Hope this helps :)

Kyleroe
April 12th, 2017, 06:57 AM
I am looking for a new phone for me too. I can recommend you guys to check a smartphone comparison website for it. It will help you a lot with your choice and you will make it right. What do you think?

Phosphene
April 12th, 2017, 07:56 AM
I am looking for a new phone for me too. I can recommend you guys to check a smartphone comparison website for it. It will help you a lot with your choice and you will make it right. What do you think?

Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for 2 months or longer :locked: